Views
Helpful
Replies

Corp Directory Display

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi All,

My client wants to see the entire 10 digits number including the area code when fitching the corporate directory of the phone. Currently what we see is just the 5 digits extension. We have 3 clusters world wide, the CUCM DB is synched with the corporate AD. Is there any way to accomplish this task? The CUCM version is 7.1. Your help is vey much appreciated.

Thanks,

MK

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The built-in directory will synch with AD and show whatever info you have there for the phone number.

You would need to either modify the AD info or build your custom directory to modify what you display as DN.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Javalenc,

I need to provide a single source of telephone numbers for the global company.  Three main sources of data are being considered for synchronization:

- SharePoint 2010 Corporate Website

- Cisco Call Manager v7.1

- Active Directory

We are going to use "Quick Connect" for the Synchronization. I am takng care of the CUCM portion. Could you please let me know what needs to be done in the CUCM to make this happen.

Thanks,

MK

When I search for a user in the phone directory, Is the AD being searched or the local CUCM DB? The CUCM is synched with the AD.

Thanks,

MK

The info comes from the local DB that is synched to the AD info.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Java,

In your previous reply you mentioned "You would need to either modify the AD info or build your custom directory to modify what you display as DN"

If the info comes from the CUCM DB, modifying th AD info would not help. I need to find a way to modify the CUCM DB which will be synched to the AD, am I mistaken?  I tried to modify the AD "IPPhone" filed for a single user for test purposes but the phone Directory search still shows 5 digits extension.

Thanks,

MK