cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory and internal provisioning

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

On SRND CUCM 8.x page 21-5 it is stated that the Corporate Directory, if the cluster is configured to internal provisioning, will allows phones to query (for directory XML file)  the CUCM they are register. I have not being able to make this work.

Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is built into UCM and enabled by default. How does your Phone Service configuration compare to this working example?

Also note that there are global parameters that define the URL the phone will query when the button is pressed. This is done under the System > Enterprise Parameters Configuration page. Ensure that the value defined for URL Directories is valid. In most cases it is recommended that you replace the DNS hostname with an IP address instead. If everything looks correct you can try clearing the value from Secured URL Directories. The phone uses that if it is defined and it is possible you have a Trusted Verification Service (TVS) configuration error.

According to the CUCM SRND 8.x, if you use internal provisioning the Phone will look for the corporate directory on the CUCM is registered. Thats not happening; It always uses the static URL configured on the enterprise parameters.

Regards,

From the SRND:

"With Services Provisioning set to Internal, the phone will receive its subscribed phone services from the phone's configuration file and store these (and their corresponding service URLs) in flash. This allows the phone to access the service URLs directly on a web server without first querying the Cisco CallManager IP Phone Service. With Services Provisioning set to Internal, the Corporate and Personal Directories default services also have an extra level of redundancy built into the phones. When these services are selected, the phone will attempt to send an HTTP message with the proper URL string to the Unified CM with which it is currently registered. Therefore, the Unified CM Group configuration of the phone's device pool provides redundancy for these services"

First, check Device>Device Settings>Phone Services to see if your Corporate Directory service is configured as an Enterprise Subscription (a value of "yes"). Second, check System>Enterprise Parameters and review the parameter: "Services Provisioning". Ensure this is set to Internal (default). Third, check the Common Phone Profile assigned to the phone having the issue. In particular, check the parameter: "Services Provisioning" under Phone Personalization Information. This should also be set to Internal or Default.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Bill

Already check those and they are good.

Those this feature works for you?

Regards

Alex

Alex,

On my 7.1(3) cluster this feature works as advertised. I have tested failover/failback and looked at sniffer traces of the client/server exchange. My 8.0 cluster (vm image) is offline at the moment. I have had corporate directory work (as do you) but I have not checked failover/failback behavior nor have I looked at a sniffer trace.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Bill

I tested 8.0(2) and IP communicator and always goes to a fix IP. Does not go to the registered CUCM IP.

Almost sure same thing happends on several 7.x, 8.0  versions during the check list.

Regards

Alex

I would need to research/test CIPC further to have a better understanding of what to expect. I would think that one thing you shoud do is use a TFTP client on your PC/mac and pull down the configuration file from your CUCM TFTP node. Look at the config for the CIPC and see if the URL is provided correctly (services are provisioned in TFTP by default on 7.1/8.x). Compare with another phone.  Also, use a sniffer trace to check how a standard (non-CIPC) phone is behaving.

When I get time, I will check CIPC in my lab to see if I notice a difference. That is the best I can offer right now.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill