cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory is not updating

ddemers007
Level 1
Level 1

When we add new users to the Call Manager, they will show up in the Corporate directory on users phones, however if we make changes to an exsiting phone line, like we change the directory name, it doesnt show up in the directory.

Call Manager 4.0.  Can someone provide some guidance on how to troubleshoot this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you are leveraging the local CCM end user directory (DC Directory as you accurately noted)...my answer would be that it depends.  If you setup users generically (e.g., using telephone numbers) then you may just want to modify existing users accordingly.  If you are creating them more specifically, you might prefer deleting/creating new.  The key is knowing that the data is separate from device/directory number changes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dan,

When you make changes to the display name or caller ID related fields on Devices or Directory Numbers, those changes are not related to the Corporate Directory so this would be expected.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

How does the corporate directory get changed then?  i.e. how can I change it, do I have to rebuild it each time i make changes?

Let me add to this post. 

I believe I need to modify the DC Directory (your answer made me think along a different line).

Should I be deleting users, rather then modifying users when they leave/changes sites.

When you are leveraging the local CCM end user directory (DC Directory as you accurately noted)...my answer would be that it depends.  If you setup users generically (e.g., using telephone numbers) then you may just want to modify existing users accordingly.  If you are creating them more specifically, you might prefer deleting/creating new.  The key is knowing that the data is separate from device/directory number changes.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Learnt something new today!  I am not onsite, but I could see the users I was having issues with, so I made some changes and will take a look when I am onsite.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: