cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory not displaying on 7940, 7960 and 7961 IP Phones.

chuks
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with corporate directory not displaying as part of the directory menu on some phones connected to 4500 Cisco catalyst switch.

Scenario: I have one call manager cluster with eight (8) 4500 and seven (7) 6500 catalyst switches. All the phones connected to the 6500 catalyst switches do not experience this problem, while on the 4500 switches only 7912 IP Phone’s do not experience this. But all other phones 7940, 7960 & 7961 have this particular problem.

Please, does anybody have an idea on how to solve this problem?

8 Replies 8

adhernan
Level 1
Level 1

I'f the problem phones are in a seperate subnet I would verify that there is no ACL/firewall in place that would block the HTTP traffic. You could test with a pc on same subnet and try to bring up the url located: Phone URL Parameters = URL Directories .. If using DNS make sure there is no problem there. -Adam

I have tried out what you suggested, the URL (http://x.x.x.x/CCMCIP/xmldirectory)

Located at URL Parameters = URL Directories was brought up ON THE Pc's and xml tags were correctly parsed. But I noticed that once you press the directory button, you get this

Error message: HTTP ERROR [505]!

I have tried out what you suggested, the URL (http://x.x.x.x/CCMCIP/xmldirectory)

Located at URL Parameters = URL Directories was brought up ON THE Pc's and xml tags were correctly parsed. But I noticed that once you press the directory button, you get this Error message: HTTP ERROR [502]!

Very strange. Here is meaning for message 502 HTTP error. "502 Bad Gateway

The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, received an invalid response from the upstream server it accessed in attempting to fulfill the request." If there is no sort of IPS/Firewall anywhere in the network between phones and callmanager I would move one of the problem phones to 6500 and keep in SAME vlan to see if problem recurs. If so take a sniffer trace and compare. -Adam

What the issue resolved

No the problem has not been resolved, i have tried all that you sugggested but made no head way. there is no IPS/Firewall anywhere in the network between phones and the callmanager.

Hi, have you checked loads on all the phones? for example in one case for me 7912 wasn't showing corporate dir under CCME and latest firmware fixed that.

Thanks guys,

I've been able to solve the problem.The ip addresses on the phones were blocked on the proxy sever.

This blocked the HTTP traffic, and the phones could not access the URL (http://x.x.x.x/CCMCIP/xmldirectory)

Located at URL Parameters = URL Directories

unblocking the ip addresses on the proxy server, resolved the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: