cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Corporate Directory Search on IP Phones

Hi.

Is there an easy way to add for additional search capabilities within the Corporate Directory option on the IP Phones? Currently I'm running CCM 4.1(3)sr4b and customer has different branch offices on same CallManager cluster and would like to have the option to narrow the search within the branch. I was thinking of adding the department search in the corporate directory. Is there an easy way to do that? Currently customer is using DC Directory and on the department entry within the DC Directory they are putting the branch name.

Thanks in advanced,

-Jose

19 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Corporate Directory Search on IP Phones

As far as I know, the built in corporate directory can not be changed.

We have implemented a similar solution by utilizing the personal address book service:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4c7b.html#1004722

You can build multiple instances of this service, one for each branch, giving each a different, identifiable name (Ex: Phoenix Directory). In the user directory on callmanager (USER/GLOBAL DIRECTORY) create a "master" user for each branch. Someone will have to maintain the directory via the ccmuser page, logging in with the master user created for each. Using the BAT tool, you can bulk subscribe the phones at each branch to their personal address book, using the master user and master user PIN on each phone. (Do not use the individual user to subscribe the service, use the same master ID for EVERY PHONE.)

The new directory will show up under the services of the phone. If you have a spare button on the phone, you can even create the service as a button on the phone.

Let me know if you have questions.

Good luck,

Scot

Community Member

The corporate directory CAN, in fact, be changed. You simply have to pull a copy of the dictionary.asp file and edit it using XML to drop in various subsections, or "department" categories. I can post you some code samples.

Community Member

Yes, please do, I'd like to take a look at this. Thank you.

Bronze

Robert

Would you be so kind as to post a code example of how you added subsections to the dictionary.asp file. TIA

Larry

Community Member

Please can you send a sample file to me as well in order to add more search capabilities within the corporate directory search on IP Phones?

TIA,

-Jose

Community Member

I am very interested in seeing your examples as well. Thanks!

Community Member

Could you please send the sample code to me (henry.ty.mak@gmail.com) as well? Thanks a lot.

Community Member

Could you please send me examples and which file to change, too. We upgraded recently and the old file which had this functionality was over-written (of course we don't have notes on what was in there).

Thank you!!!

dean.altman@discounttireco.com

Community Member

I would appreciate the sample code as well.

Community Member

Could you please send me a copy of the file? My email address is wilsonhy@comcast.net.

TIA.

H. Wilson

Silver

Hi,

Any change you could post the code sample mentioned? I'll be curious to see how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance,

Leo

Community Member

I would like to see your code samples too. Please post. Thank you.

Community Member

are the samples posted anywhere? if not could you email them to me bapayne@jackpayne.com

Community Member

Hi, Could you please post me some code examples. I'm intrested in adding a department field. Will this work with AD? Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content