cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Correct Reboot of CUC

Mike Shoop
Level 1
Level 1

What is the least interruptive way to restart Cisco Unity Connection Rls 8.6. If possible I would like to be able to maintain voice mail operations on publisher, while restarting the subscriber, then switch and restart the publisher. The restart is expected to solve a minor technical issue. Thanks for you help!

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Navigate to Cisco Unity Connection serviceability, Tools - Cluster management. Make sure the Publisher is the primary, else make that the primary. Once that is complete, click on "Stop taking calls" on the subscriber server and then reboot the subscriber. Once the subscriber is back up, come back here and click on "Start taking calls".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/cluster_administration/guide/8xcuccag010.html

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

In addition to correct response from George (+5), you need to ensure that your CUCM-UCXN integration (SIP or SCCP) is configured to allow sending calls to both UCXN servers and that that your port groups in UCXN are configured for both servers.

HTH,

Chris

Correct, deactivate is not required.

As far as reboot, its under the OS Admin as you mentioned. But you have to manually log into each server to reboot it.

That is correct, when you click on the Extremely Helpful, that gives the responder 5 stars.  Correct answer marks the question as answered. Multiple people can rate an answer and the "average rating" shows you if multiple people have rated the same answer and shows you a count as well.

9 Replies 9

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Navigate to Cisco Unity Connection serviceability, Tools - Cluster management. Make sure the Publisher is the primary, else make that the primary. Once that is complete, click on "Stop taking calls" on the subscriber server and then reboot the subscriber. Once the subscriber is back up, come back here and click on "Start taking calls".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/cluster_administration/guide/8xcuccag010.html

In addition to correct response from George (+5), you need to ensure that your CUCM-UCXN integration (SIP or SCCP) is configured to allow sending calls to both UCXN servers and that that your port groups in UCXN are configured for both servers.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the +5 Chris.

Thanks, though the rating did not take :-(

Chris

It sure did.

Got it. Thanks George. I would like to make sure that I have this rating process down: When I click on Extremely Helpful that gives the responder (you or Chris) 5 stars, right? But then the other 5 stars left of 'Average  Rating' can't be clicked, and they indicate 0. What is that for? Do I somehow need to be clicking on that also. And I assume that the "Correct Answer" button is clicked when the response solves the problem. Right?

Thanks again, also to Chris (when I tried to reply directly to Chris it went to George)

That is correct, when you click on the Extremely Helpful, that gives the responder 5 stars.  Correct answer marks the question as answered. Multiple people can rate an answer and the "average rating" shows you if multiple people have rated the same answer and shows you a count as well.

George, thanks very much for the quick and clear response. I'm new to the forum and very grateful for all the help.

I understand about /Tools/Cluster Mgmt/ and making one or the other the primary.

I get the part about 'Stop Taking Calls' by way of Port Management.

Do I understand correctly that we do not use "Deactivate" ? Deactivate is used for taking either of the servers out of the cluster.

About the actual Reboot/Restart":  Is this done by physically powering off the server, or through the gui.

Under OS Admin/Settings/Version there is the option for Shutdown and Restart but there's no choice of servers there; I think that will interrupt voice mail operations and I'm trying to avoid that.

Note that I've tried to provide a '5 Star' rating; please let me know if I didn't get that done right.

thanks again.

Correct, deactivate is not required.

As far as reboot, its under the OS Admin as you mentioned. But you have to manually log into each server to reboot it.