cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could a router put in queue a caller waiting for an idle voice circuit?

EnriqueFornes
Level 1
Level 1

This is a theoretical question is for a college assignment. I'm just trying to see if the configuration for a contact center: a broadband FR access going to a router, going to 4 E1's, going to a PBX with ACD, going to a contact center has a bottleneck in the 4 E1's (120 DS0's). I mean, if the 120 voice circuits are in use and a new call arrives, can a router (which one?) put it in queue until a voice channel from the 4E1's is available, routing the new call through this channel to the PBX ACD in order to reach a live agent, or the caller will receive a busy tone (or go to a VM)?

Thanks, Kike.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You can take the call from VoIP and place it in queue on the router. This could be done with B-ACD/AA queuing system. I think it can be configured (as it normally deals with CME's ephone-hunt) to be a frond-end for the ACD they have already.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Paolo, thanks for your prompt answer. I gave a look to the B.ACD/AA and I didn't find the answer. To be more specific, I want to connect international IP inbound calls to a router in building A, this router will be connected to 4 PSTN E1's (Europe) going to a PABX in building B, that host the ACD and distributes the calls to the contact center agents. Now, if the 120 DS0's (4 E1's) are in use and a new international IP inbound call arrives to the router in building A, he will not find a voice circuit to route the call to the PABX in building B, so it should send a busy tone to the caller. What I'm trying to see is, if the router in building A can place this new call in queue until a PSTN 64 kbps DS0 channel (from the 4 E1's) is available, routing this call through this channel to the PABX in building B in order to reach an agent, and how it should be configured. Hope my question is clearer. Thanks, Kike.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: