Views
Helpful
Replies

Country cptone for analog VG224 Gateways

mibrahim1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi UC experts,

I have a strange issue with analog devices connected to a VG224 GW. We have configured cptone de under the voice ports.

Normally there are two states of different tones with phones in Germany:

1) You go off hook - a short periodic beeping

2) You dial 0 - a long continuous tone

Now in our case if you take an analog phone connected to the VG224 and go off hook you hear directly the long provider tone. It doesn't make a difference if you dial 0 or not.

I hope my explanation is understandable.

What needs to be done to fix this issue?

Thanks

Moe

6 Replies 6

Steellllllllll0
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using an E1 ?

If so, have you got it on the signalling channel of your E1 on your router eg.

voice-port 0/0/0:15

cptone GB

Hi Steelo,

yes its configured on our MGCP Gateways with the E1.

We have a lot of normal IP phones models and with them the cptone is behaving correct. Its just happening with our analog Voice Gateways (VG224).

Greetz

Moe

Can you post your config pls....

Here you go the VG224 Config - Ive xed out some information like IPS, hostname, PWs and smtp and ntp config.

Normally there are two states of different tones with phones in Germany:

1) You go off hook - a short periodic beeping

2) You dial 0 - a long continuous tone

Now in our case if you take an analog phone connected to the VG224 and go off hook you hear directly the long provider tone. It doesn't make a difference if you dial 0 or not. 

–----------

I have the same issue with public or government customers in Germany.  As Moe told you, it is usual, standard, normal, if you migrate a pbx to UC to continue having this behaviour, as the Cisco IP Phones have the right call waiting tones, compared to the Siemens phones. 

What is the solution for the VG224 used as sccp gateway ?  The question was not resoved here.

Thank you,

Jacky

Jacky,

We hear you.

CSCun51932 (you can subscribe to the defect)

We have just filed this.

Regards,

Divin

Cisco TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: