cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Couple (Similar) issues with 8841 Phone and wireless headset disconnects

Marcus_Slowpoke
Level 1
Level 1

We are all using Cisco 8841 phones that have their firmware all up to date and have Plantronics CS500 series headsets, 510 and 520 I believe for these cases. I am trying to fix a couple issues that are similar. The first is one person's headset disconnects about 15-20 seconds in consisantly, but the call won't drop and she just has to continue on the handset. The other issue is much more sporatic and sometimes won't let her answer the calls from her headset until she resets the phone (unplugs the Ethernet). Then she gets connectivity for a few minutes to a few hours. She has also used 3 different headset models, along with their appropriate base, as well as a new APC-43 cable and had identical results.

For both cases, Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control is enabled. We have even disabled, Apply Config, Save, reenabled, Apply Config, Save. This has turned out to be a major head-scratcher for us.

Thank you for any help on the matter!

4 Replies 4

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

When you say firmware is up to date what version are you actually running 11.x or 12.x ?

The version we have is sip88xx.11-7-1-17 

Marcus,

Were you ever able to figure this one out? I have a user with 8841 phone, on firmware sip88xx.11-7-1-17 with Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control enabled that is disconnecting after ~20 seconds.

Thanks!

I have the same issue.  Our Phones have both versions sip88xx.12-1-1-12 and sip88xx.11-7-1-17.  We are on CUCM System version: 11.5.1.15900-18.  I have several hundred of these phones in my environment and many of those have Plantronics CS 540 headsets.  None of them have issues.  But I now have 2 phones with headsets in one office that are having these issues.  Also there is a lot of noise on the line with the headsets connected.  Internal and External calls are noisy, when they are using the headsets.  I have swapped out the headsets with brand new devices and APC-43 cables and still the same thing.  The headset indicator doesn't stay on so it looks like the phone is unable to sense that there is a headset connected.  EHS is enabled on CUCM for all the phones. The Disable Speakerphone and Headset boxes are unchecked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: