Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7841-K9 failed to register

Jaiel Charette
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having problem registering my two CP-7841-K9 phone with CUCM v10.5. I have 2 CP-7942G, 2 CP-7945G and 1 CP-8831-K9 and they are register without any problem. It's just the 2 CP-7941-K9 that are causing problem.

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you see under the system messages menu on the phone?

Have you tried factory reset? Press settings, **#, more soft key, Erase.

If so, is the phone pulling proper TFTP address?

Chris

I did verify the TFTP address and it's the right one.

Did you perform factory reset? Or deleted old certificates from the phone?

What is the system log on the phone showing?

Chris

I tried to factory reset the phone by holding # when booting then 123456789*0# but it doesn't reset it.

If I go under setting, phone information, I can see that Last Upgrade Failed.

Details: SCCP41.9-3-1SR4-1S.loads

How about if you follow my directions for factory reset?

What is the hardware version of the phone? i.e. V13, V14, etc?

Chris

cp-7841-k9= v03

Hi!

I had the same problem. A workaround it worked for me was  intentionally  changing " Operational VLAN" to a incorrect parameter, save changes, wait a couple of minutes, Apply a reset on Network setting, it will show as not registering and then aply again a Reset on Network settings. It worked for me in 2 phones.Hope  it helps

The directions for factory reset seem to be not working. What I did is select Setting, Admin Setting, Reset Setting, ALL but still the same problem.

Ohh and I made a mistake, the phone is 7841 not 7941 my bad, I'm sorry...

Also, check the firmware version the phone is currently running ( settings / status / firmware versions) - we had some 7941s/61s that wouldn't register...

If it's on a lower 8.x version, you may have to do an intermediate update to 8.5.2, then to a 9.x version (which I believe CUCM 10.5 runs standard).

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Jaiel.

My name is Enrique Villasana, and right now I have the same problem

I have a CME 10.5 ( IOS 154-3.M2), and 20 Ip Phones (7821, and 7841 models).

None of these 78XX Ipphones get registration.

I would like to know if you could solve this problem, if so I really appreciate if you can share the solution. I have a Cisco TAC case openned for 2 weeks with no results....

Thanks in advanced

Enrique Villasana

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Jaiel.

My name is Enrique Villasana, and right now I have the same problem

I have a CME 10.5 ( IOS 154-3.M2), and 20 Ip Phones (7821, and 7841 models).

None of these 78XX Ipphones get registration.

I would like to know if you could solve this problem, if so I really appreciate if you can share the solution. I have a Cisco TAC case openned for 2 weeks with no results....

Thanks in advanced

Enrique Villasana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: