cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7985-PAL + 6 x UL vs. CP-7985-PAL-CH1

dan.agache
Level 1
Level 1

I have a dummy question. I have a customer that want to by a Cisco 7985G IP Phone registered to a Cisco CallManager 6.1 and I don't know what to offer. The CP-7985-PAL + 6 x ULs are all I need to register CallManager 6.1? If yes what is the reason of CP-7985-PAL-CH1 witch if more expensive?

Can you provide some documentation related to this subject?

Thank you in advance,

Dan

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan,

This is actually an excellent question :) With the release of CCM 5.x the licensing for IP Phones changed. For all 3.x and 4.x versions the CH-1 (Channel) License was used and now phones use DLU's (Device License Units)

So, this part;

CP-7985-PAL-CH1 = Cisco Unified IP Phone 7985G for PAL channels with 1 user license

Is needed when purchasing any IP Phone to be used with "older" CCM Versions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps6564/product_data_sheet0900aecd8030e546.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

thank you for your answer. I know the new license methods, but my problem is why the bundle is more expensive than sum of parts at LP.

Here an example:

SW-CCME-UL-7985= is 300$

CP-7985-PAL= is 3595$

------

3895$

but the bundle:

CP-7985-PAL-CH1 is 3945$

So, if it is a price difference for the similar products (as you say) then it should be a functionality difference because I don't see why I have to bye a bundle witch is more expensive than sum of parts. Am I right?

This is the motif that I don't know what to offer to avoid the installation problems.

Thank you,

Dan

Hey Dan,

No worries my friend! Pricing is always a little funny isn't it ;-)

The one thing to note here is that the;

SW-CCME-UL-7985

Is a phone/user license specifically for CME (Callmanager Express *denoted by the "E" in CCME) so perhaps this is why there is a difference in price.

Hope this helps!

Rob