cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-8831 displays incorrect time

rbirkeland
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed an 8831 conference phone in my CUCM 9.1.1 environment. The phone is registered and everything works but the time is off. It's seems like it is using GMT instead of my time zone.

I've verified the device pool has the correct date/time group. As a matter of fact other phones in the same device pool have the correct time. I've tried disabling device mobility but that didn't make a difference. I created a new device pool but no change. This is the only SIP phone in the network so I'm wondering if there needs to be some other option enabled somewhere.  Anyone have any ideas where to look?

Thanks,

Rolf

17 Replies 17

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Rolf,

Have you tried factory resetting the phone just to start from a clean slate?  Can you supply any logs from the phone?

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Yup, tried resetting to factory default, no change. I did notice this in the log on the phone though.

Error updating locale and CTL update failed.

Then I noticed the phone wasn't getting the load file. The file is on the server but it's not pulling it down. I also noticed that the load file name wasn't listed under device > device settings > device defaults so I manually typed it in there but that didn't make a difference either.

Rolf

Hi,

What is your actual firmware?

Did you try installing 8831 locale?

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284738433&flowid=46257&softwareid=282074291&os=Linux&release=9.3(3)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards.

Hey Rolf,

It definitely sounds like your are having a ITL/CTL issues. I would perform the following on the 8831 -

Apps>Admin Settings>Reset Settings and  then All.  That should factory reset the phone.

Page 15

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8831/9_3_3/english/adminguide/CS38_BK_A8C4AC51_00_adminguide-8831/CS38_BK_A8C4AC51_00_adminguide-8831_chapter_01001.pdf

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Tony,

I did try the reset you mention already but it didn't do anything.

Emmanuel,

The firmware is SIP8831.9-3-3-5. I did not try installing locale because there wasn't one for USA. I suppose I could try the United Kingdom version. I did however set the network locale in the device pool to United States but again, no change.

Rolf

Hi,

I have same firmware version for all my 8831 and I don´t have anything issue but I installed the correct locale for my country, you can try creating a new date/time group with GMT offset and check the time, maybe the 8831 never change the time and is a hardware problem, I really recommend to upgrade the CUCM Version to 9.1.2.

Regards.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Probably an issue with the phone pulling the config via TFTP.  Can you enable web access and pull the phone's console logs from the web page after a reset and attach?

Brian,

Here is the console log you requested.

Thanks,

Rolf

So the logs weren't very detailed on what exactly was going on with the TFTP config download.  Can you check the Network Settings and make sure that the TFTP server is listed properly?

Brian,

The correct TFTP servers are listed.

May be worth downloading the config from the TFTP server and checking that the time-zone setting is in there correctly.  Are you pointing to the publisher first for TFTP?

fourier.ross1
Level 1
Level 1

A known bug: CSCuq48737

The workaround is to use 7911 as reference pool.

How is it same thing?? The defect that you mentioned is for CME environment whereas Rolf was using CM in this case.

Regards

Deepak

Chidananda S
Level 1
Level 1

i have faced same problem, but got fixed once after i reset the security.

You may follow the below path to reset 'Security'

Apps --> Admin Settings --> Reset Settings --> Security.

Let me know the status.