Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-BEKEM on 8861 phone keeps disconnecting

carlosalmonte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are testing a couple of 8861 phones with a KEM attached on each, and the KEM keeps intermittently disconnecting on both phones.  The phone shows the following message:

"The Key Expansion Module 1 has been disconnected"

Firmware version: sip88xx.10-2-1-16

I would like to know if anyone has experienced this issue and how got it resolved.

Thanks,

Carlos

5 Replies 5

carlosalmonte
Level 1
Level 1

The latest firmware fixed my issue.

It can be downloaded here: sip88xx.10-2-2-16

Hi Carlos,

I'm trying to configure a CP-BEKEM, fot a 8851 phone, but can´t seem to find an example on how to do it.  Can you help me out?

Best regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

From the phone configuration window, scroll down to "Expansion Module Information", and from the drop down on Module 1 select "BEKEM 36-Buttom Line Expansion Module".  Then create a "Phone Button Template" that contains all your new buttons definitions and assign it to the phone.

If you are using Extension Mobility, configure a Device Profile with phone type 8851 and apply the phone button template that you created.

Regards,

Carlos

Thanks Carlos, I'll give it a try.

Mark Knepper
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing a similar issue to this as we have been testing the 8861. The issue seems to be related not to software in our case, but the hardware. If the phone and the expansion module are flexed the connection between the KEM and the phone is broken which causes the KEM to reboot. Possible solutions include a bracket, glue, rubber bands or tape :) Anyone else come up with a solution?

Thanks,

Mark