Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Create a Holiday Greeting in Unity 7

I wanted to see if anyone could give me the run down on how to create a holiday greeting in Unity Connections 7.  I've looked through the menus and dont see a greeting for holidays, so I just want to add one so I know it works.  Please help.

Thanks,

John

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

John,

Are you referring to User Holiday Greeting?

If so I cannot recall if version 7 had it but looking at version 8.6 it is definetely there under User --> Greetings, I would be surprised if version 7 did not have it.

HTH,

Chris

I dont think I'm understanding correctly.  Are you saying if I create a "Holiday" greeting, I cant then apply it to the company as a whole by a schedule?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi John,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Chris (+5 )

The Holiday Greeting is available in 7.x as well for both Users and Call Handlers. My examples

are for Call Handlers but are pertinant for users at the same time;

The Holiday Greeting is recorded on and applied to existing Call Handlers as shown below;

Cisco  Unity Connection has three predefined schedules: All Hours, Weekdays,  and Voice Recognition Update Schedule. You can modify but not delete the  predefined schedules.

#

By  default, the All Hours schedule is configured to be active 24 hours a  day, 7 days a week, with no holidays; routing rules that follow this  schedule are always active, and call handlers that use this schedule  never use closed hour transfer settings or play closed greetings.

#

The  Weekdays schedule is configured to be active from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (in  the time zone of the Connection server) from Monday through Friday. It is also configured to observe any days and times that are set in the default Holidays schedule.  Note however that by default the Holidays schedule is not preconfigured  for any days or times. At a minimum you may want to update the Holidays  schedule to add days and times when your organization is closed.

So the Call Handler (s) that you are working with must use the Weekdays

schedule and then when you record a Holiday Greeting for them, this

greeting will kick in on the days/times defined in the Holiday schedule. Make sure

that the Call Handler (s) that you are working with do not have their Greeting

set as the Alternate greeting as this greeting overrides all others and the new

Holiday greeting will never be applied.

Managing Schedules and Holidays

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag100.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Is there a simple menu that I can just display all of the system greetings?  I see a call handler menu, but I dont think that's what I'm looking for.  I'm trying to figure out if we have one already recorded.  If we do, I can figure out how to set up the schedule to make sure it runs tomorrow.  But if we dont have one, I dont know if I'll be able to find someone to record our holiday greeting before the end of the day.

Also, how do I record a greeting.  I know from my classes you need a Cisco Unity USB sound card (or something like that).  Is it something that has to be done from the web console, the front of the server, or from a phone?

Thanks,

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content