Views
Helpful
Replies

create DN in Callmanager 4.1

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have not worked a lot with callmanager 4.1. How can I create DN without to create phones? In CUCM, DN can be created without to assign to any phone. can we do the same thing in CM 4.1?

thanks

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the DN alone creation is not implemented in CCM, only in CUCM. you'll have to create the phones using another MAC address, then delete them and they will go to unassigned DNs. that is the only way

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ok the question is what the idea in doing this ?

thanks for reply,

We have 100 DID range, I'd like to create all extensions corresponded to the DID before to assign to any phone then show admin assistant how to add those DN to the phones. like CUCM 6.1

thanks again

Alex

Hi, you can insert the lines/phones with BAT and create dummy Mac address, then you can choose the DN and change it with the correct MAC Address.

Hope this help.

David.

the DN alone creation is not implemented in CCM, only in CUCM. you'll have to create the phones using another MAC address, then delete them and they will go to unassigned DNs. that is the only way

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: