Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Dial Plan on Call Manager

Kaushik Ray
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am new to Call Managers and having an issue and would be grateful to have any advice on this.

There are some phones registered on the Call Managers and can call each other without any problems if they dial the whole number.

However, I would like to be able to enable 4 digit dialing based on their extension numbers between them; is there any way I could enable that?

Please advice.

Many Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. Add a translation pattern in a partition accessible to the phone's CSS that converts the four-digit extension into the whole number. That translation pattern must also have a CSS on it which can reach the destination.

When adding patterns you will need to be careful to not create indavertant T.302 timer problems (aka inter-digit timeout). For example, if the whole number is 4045554000 and you create a translation pattern of 4XXX -> 404555XXXX you will have a problem. CUCM will always wait after you enter 4000 to see if you're going to add another digit because there are two possible matches: 4045554000 and 4000.

Thanks a lot Jonathan for your reply; so in that case how do I overcome the issue of the T.302 timers?

if the number is 4045554000 what should I put as the translation rule?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: