Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating mailbox for LDAP user on Unity connection

rmrahman0302
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have LDAP user synchronized with AD in the unity connection 8.6. When I was trying to assign the extension number and create the mail box for that user, I was not getting any option to do that. How can I assign the extension and create the mailbox for LDAP user, anybody has any idea?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

In the Active Directory, when you create an User, please mention the Telephone Number (same as the DN of the ip phone) in the Genaral tab, so that when you integrate that with the CUCM and perform LDAP sync its reflected in CUCM.  On this end user asociate the phone as the controlled device in CUCM and perform the above steps which you have mentioned.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply. I have users with the main telephone number like 666-777-8888 nad my users are with internal extension number like 3240. To reflect the internal DN number, should I put the DN number in the telephone number field and sync with CUCM and CUC or any other way I can do that.

Thanks.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can overwrite the phone number when you are importing the user in UCON from LDAP, you first need to select the user template and then the phone number field will become available for editing.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: