Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

CSA uninstall problem after upgrade to CCM 4.2.3

I upgraded a CCM to version 4.2.3 but I didn't uninstall the old version of Cisco Security Agent before.

When I tried to install the new one (CiscoCM-CSA-4.5.1.655-2.0.5-k9) after the upgrade, I received the message "Unable to obtain the product id for the standalone agent. Setup will now abort". I found that it means that I have to uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

When I tried to uninstall the old version, I received "Stopping service Cisco Security Agent failed. Aborting installation".

Is there an entry to kill in the registry or something else?

Thx in advance,

Francois

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: CSA uninstall problem after upgrade to CCM 4.2.3

new CSA is: CSA-CiscoCM-CSA-5.0.0.216-3.0.4-k9.exe

8 REPLIES

Try stopping the CSA service manually and then set it to disable. Then attempt to uninstall the CSA.

HTH

//Jorge

Silver

new CSA is: CSA-CiscoCM-CSA-5.0.0.216-3.0.4-k9.exe

I restarted the CSA service, I tried to install the latest version (CSA-CiscoCM-CSA-5.0.0.216-3.0.4-k9.exe) and it was ok.

Many thanks for you help!

Fran?ois

It's already done. I disabled it in Windows services.

Don't I have to delete an entry in the registry?

No, you shouldn't need to do that. That is something that the uninstallation will do.

Yes but there is no way to do this manually? The service is stopped and disabled, and when I try to uninstall, I receive "Stopping service Cisco Security Agent failed. Aborting installation".

Gold

Do you get the same error when the service is set to Automatic and started. The installer is trying to stop CSA, but since it is already stopped and disabled, it seems to fail. Un-installing CSA with the service running.

I tried to uninstall CSA when the service was running and I received the same error message.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content