Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

CSS and Partition problem

Hi!

I have the following situation, and can't work it out: I have two sets of the phones on the CCM, first set can call only PSTN numbers, whereas the second calls both PSTN and GSM. So I created two partitions (PSTN-PT & GSM-PT) and two CSS's(PSTN-CSS & GSM-CSS). GSM gateway goes to GSM-CSS, but I don't know how to put PSTN-gateway to two CSS's, both PSTN-CSS & GSM-CSS? The first thing that crosses my mind is to create another partition for PSTN-gateway only, but you can't put a GW into a partition. Sorry if I overcomplicated it, but I hope you get the point...

regards,

goran

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: CSS and Partition problem

Hi Goran,

If I understand correctly here (please forgive me if this is off base) you would normally create a Third CSS - maybe called CSS-Both or CSS-All. In the new CSS config you would select access to both Partitions. Then apply this CSS to the phones that need "all access".

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi!

Thanks for the fast answer :).I dont't think there is the need for third partition since there are only two types of the phones: the ones that can call only PSTN and the ones that can call both PSTN and GSM. Now, since I would need my PSTN-gateway in both of these CSSs, I don't know how to put it into both of them? Hope I made it a bit clearer...

regards,

goran

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Goran,

Not a 3rd Partition a 3rd CSS that has access to both Partitions. Can you try this for me :)

Thanks,

Rob

EDIT: Or just change the GSM-CSS to include the PSTN-Partition > add to the Selected Partitions from the Available Partitions :)

Hi Rob!

I read some docs and now it makes more sense to me. The wrong approach was that I should put GW interface into a partition and then into a CSS, but instead I have to put in a partition which contains routes.

Quite basic stuff...

Thanks for the advice :)))

take care

goran

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Goran,

You are most welcome! Advice here is always FREE not always great,but,always FREE!

Take care and welcome aboard,

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content