Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS on Inbound Calls of a Gateway Port

robmas0871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i configured 2 types of gateway ports: 1 PRI Euro and 1 QSIG and all is working. I have only one doubt about CSS in the Call Routing Information - Inbound Calls menù of the port. This, al least, must contain a partition that includes all internal DN's...and all works. But my question is: what about giving a CSS with, for example, permission to make long-distance calls ? What does it mean ? maybe this CSS is referred to the "offnet-offnet transfer" situation?

I want to better explain my question:

- i configure a CSS that contains a partition including all internal DN's: it's all right...from PSTN i can reach all my internal IPphones.

- i change the CSS with another one that has permissions to make mobile and long-distance calls: nothing changes...i still be able to reach my internal DN's

The CSS in the Call Routing Information - Inbound Calls menù is referred to situations where i try (from outside PSTN) to make and external call using the offnet-offnet transfer feature ?

Thank you,

Roberto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Normally you would just need internal stuff in the Inbound CSS - such as voicemail, UCCX, internal DNs, etc. Only stuff that is reached directly by the gateway is required.

In the example of a transfer of a PSTN call back to the PSTN, the inbound CSS is only used to reach the device that does the transfer. The CSS of the device doing the transfer is used for the 'outbound' leg of the call, not the gateway CSS.

E.g. if a phone does a transfer, it's the phone's device/line CSS that controls whether this is allowed and to where.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Normally you would just need internal stuff in the Inbound CSS - such as voicemail, UCCX, internal DNs, etc. Only stuff that is reached directly by the gateway is required.

In the example of a transfer of a PSTN call back to the PSTN, the inbound CSS is only used to reach the device that does the transfer. The CSS of the device doing the transfer is used for the 'outbound' leg of the call, not the gateway CSS.

E.g. if a phone does a transfer, it's the phone's device/line CSS that controls whether this is allowed and to where.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: