Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CTI devices

Hello,

I'd like to clarify what I saw about CTI devices on a CUCM.

(the cluster is: 3 * 7845-I1 servers, version is: 7.1.5 SU4)

• What is precisely a CTI device       ?
      • a CTI Route Point ? a CTI  Port ? a monitored line where « Allow Control of Device from CTI  » is checked ? a device contained in « Controlled device » of an « Application User with CTI rights » ?
    • Does those « 2500 CTI Devices » refer to all devices precised above ?
      • No matter in which « Controlled device of an Application User with CTI rights » they are ?
      • Or does it refer to the max « Controlled device »  per « Application User with CTI rights » (=max CTI Device controlled per CTI connections) ?

• In RTMT, menu CTI Manager, I see "Num Of Open Devices" = 4400 for one of my server.

• What is precisely « Open devices »?
    • Does it refer to « CTI device per server » above ?

• On the CUCM (Service Parameters > Server > Service : Cisco CTI Manager > Advanced), I see « Maximum Devices Per Node = 800 » (help : maximum number of devices that can be opened on any CTIManager)
    • What is precisely « devices » here?
      • Does it refer to « CTI device per server » above ?
      • If yes, why is this limit not respected by CUCM ? (cf RTMT screenshot above)

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Marc

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Re: CTI devices

hi, did you get an answer on this very good question ? If yes you could share it ? then my question is, how many phones could be attached to one single cti user ? i found some documents at cisco. com but that dosen't help me a lot.....??

thanks

martin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies