cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Gateway configuration missing under Presence-Server 10.5?!?

Hi community,

currently i´m trying to set up a CUCM/CUPS (10.5) BE6000 Cluster, thought all is working fine, now i finally try to "attach" the Jabber-Client (10.5) to my deskphone, all should be configured correctly.

Since i need to use CTI for control of the deskphone, in my case a Cisco 8961, i tried to follow the Jabber deployment guide...for sure also the 10.5 one.

Thats what they write HERE (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber_chapter_0110.html#JABW_TK_SACF3253_00):

Set Up a CTI Gateway

The client requires a CTI gateway to communicate with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and perform certain functions such as desk phone control.

Add a CTI Gateway Server

The first step in setting up a CTI gateway is to add a CTI gateway server on Cisco Unified Presence.

Procedure
    Step 1  Open the Cisco Unified Presence Administration interface.
    Step 2  Select Application > Cisco Jabber > CTI Gateway Server.
    Note   

In some versions of Cisco Unified Presence, this path is as follows: Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > CTI Gateway Server.

The Find and List CTI Gateway Servers window opens.

Step 3  Select Add New.

The CTI Gateway Server Configuration window opens.

Step 4  Specify the required details on the CTI Gateway Server Configuration window.
    Step 5  Select Save.

THERES NO OPTION LIKE THIS!!!! on that presence server...did i miss something?

Thanks for any input regarding that. The Jabberclient itself as well as the Softphoneregistration work, i just cannot control my deskphone...and thats a keyfeature wanted from this installation.

???????????????????

19 Replies 19

Based on MS Information:

·         Port 3268. This port is used for queries specifically targeted for the global catalog. LDAP requests sent to port 3268 can be used to search for objects in the entire forest. However, only the attributes marked for replication to the global catalog can be returned. For example, a user’s department could not be returned using port 3268 since this attribute is not replicated to the global catalog.

·         Port 389. This port is used for requesting information from the local domain controller. LDAP requests sent to port 389 can be used to search for objects only within the global catalog’s home domain. However, the requesting application can obtain all of the attributes for those objects. For example, a request to port 389 could be used to obtain a user’s department.

Additionally found this yesterday evening...

Ya, its a timing problem. Port 389 is slower for LDAP searches. CUCM does a recursive search in LDAP for the user who is trying to control and if its slow, phone control is broken.

Please rate useful posts.

Deji -

I am having a similar problem, I have a few people that like to use the phone control feature in jabber but after I deployed a cisco expressway (work in progress), for some reason it broke my CTI from the Jabber 10.5.1 clients. It works fine for softphone but the deskphone shows as "not connected", for kicks I did check my LDAP and its on the 389 port instead of the 3268 (havent changed it yet). I even tried to set the client back to force the ip address instead of pulling it down automaticly (which works fine since the cisco expressway is put in).

Do you think just changing the port in LDAP from 389 to 3268 should correct the issue? I cant just willy nilly change ports without going thru our internal change control board, otherwise I would just give it a quick shot and see :)

What do you have under Applications -> Legacy Clients -> Settings. Do you use cisco-uds to discover services or cuplogin?

Please rate useful posts.

I cannot see an option to configure this point...?