cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE + CUCM v9 - One way if MTP Uncheck

PC PC
Level 1
Level 1

We both a brand new CUBE with CUCM v9... 

We have one way issue if MTP is uncheck,  both way if MTP is check on the trunk.

Anyone have some recommendation, on how to keep MTP Uncheck and have a both way ?

thanks                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Best of troubleshooting one way audio problem's is to determine the physical and logical path through which your media is going to flow.

Since by using MTP you have 2 way audio, there is a possibility that signalling should be fine with and without MTP.

Assuming you are facing problems with normal one to one call without any hold/transfer, I normally use following approach  and set of questions to troubleshoot such issues :

1. Without MTP, who is unable to hear : your internal ip phone user or external PSTN/ITSP user : - If it's internal user : this tells me that your ITSP is having problems routing the RTP traffic into your network or your border router is unable to route the traffic into your internal network. IF external user, then most likely you are unable to route the RTP to your ITSP/PSTN.

2. When in call you can press the question mark button on your ip phone twice to get the call stats and this will tell if you are sendind and recieving packets from and to the ip phone respectively

3. Using MTP changes your routing path as the RTP traffic has one more hop through which it needs to go. Determine the difference between the two paths

4. Take packet captures on devices that you feel RTP should be flowing through and check if you can hear the incoming and outgoing audio those devices.

5. Press hold and trasfer when call is establish and check if this solves your problem.

This way you can greatly minimize the problem and device.

Regards

Aditya

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

1- Can you share debug output when you uncheck the MTP. debug ccsip messages & debug ccsip all.

Thanks

please rate all useful information

HI

I hope to find the below link which you will give you more information about MTP requirments .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-border-element/99863-cube-config.html

Thanks

Please rate all useful information

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Best of troubleshooting one way audio problem's is to determine the physical and logical path through which your media is going to flow.

Since by using MTP you have 2 way audio, there is a possibility that signalling should be fine with and without MTP.

Assuming you are facing problems with normal one to one call without any hold/transfer, I normally use following approach  and set of questions to troubleshoot such issues :

1. Without MTP, who is unable to hear : your internal ip phone user or external PSTN/ITSP user : - If it's internal user : this tells me that your ITSP is having problems routing the RTP traffic into your network or your border router is unable to route the traffic into your internal network. IF external user, then most likely you are unable to route the RTP to your ITSP/PSTN.

2. When in call you can press the question mark button on your ip phone twice to get the call stats and this will tell if you are sendind and recieving packets from and to the ip phone respectively

3. Using MTP changes your routing path as the RTP traffic has one more hop through which it needs to go. Determine the difference between the two paths

4. Take packet captures on devices that you feel RTP should be flowing through and check if you can hear the incoming and outgoing audio those devices.

5. Press hold and trasfer when call is establish and check if this solves your problem.

This way you can greatly minimize the problem and device.

Regards

Aditya