Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE License Migration

konogoro1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer will upgrade (replace) 2911 to 3925 due to performance consideration.

Are the existing CUBE licenses available on the new 3925 router?

Or need to purchase new cube licenses?

Regards,

Kazu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kazu,

Since the CUBE licenses are RTU based , so u can use the existing licenses from 2911 to 3925.

Secondly,since u are changing the router due to performance consideration .Is is related to increase in sessions? If yes, then , u should pay for additional licenses.

This is what I understand.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kazu,

Since the CUBE licenses are RTU based , so u can use the existing licenses from 2911 to 3925.

Secondly,since u are changing the router due to performance consideration .Is is related to increase in sessions? If yes, then , u should pay for additional licenses.

This is what I understand.

regds,

aman

Hi aman,

Thanks!

Yes, i will purchase additional cube licenses.

regards,

kazu

RTU does not mean you can transfer them, technically you will, but legally that may not be the case.  I don't know if CUBE licenses are transferable you would need to contact Cisco for that, but as an example router VXML RTU licenses are not. I would not be surprised if that is the same case with CUBE.

HTH,

Chris

This is a valid point and just because you can and/or should be able to transfer them - does not mean you legally can.  As of now all the documentation indicates that technically - licensing would need to be repurchased if using it on a new/different device - assuming no special permissions from Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: