Cisco Support Community
Community Member

CUBE Regular Redundancy and Dual redundancy

I had confusion related to this topic and after looking at this link from Cisco. Anyone has clarity please explain

Cisco Unified Border Element Licenses

Table 3 lists the Cisco Unified Border Element licenses available per platform.

CUBE Redundancy license supports:

1. CUBE regular redundancy. Two CUBE platforms (ISR-G2 or ASR1K) are positioned in a same local network and are configured in an ACTIVE/STANDBY pairing. The CUBE-RED license allows transferring of the license from the Active to the Standby machine in the event of a failure.

2. CUBE Dual redundancy. CUBE in High Availability configuration in two independent Data Centers with a CUBE Active/Standby pair (ISR-G2 or ASR1K) in each. The CUBE-RED license allows transfer not only within one redundant pair from Active to Standby, but also from one pair to the other.

For Active/Standby redundant configurations, use the "Redundant-Platform" licenses. For all other configurations, including single-platform Active/Active load balancing, and Inbox redundant configurations, use the "Single-Platform" licenses.

Im more interested to know the license part number for point 2 above CUBE Dual Redundancy. Cisco team didnt say either its going to be the same Part number as point 1 or its different and this is what it is.

Community Member

I am going through the same

I think this links clarifies:

So, L2 box to box is not supported across independent DCs, only if there is a pair of active/standby on each which option 2 (dual redundancy) applies. 

CreatePlease to create content