Helpful
Replies

CUBE SIP trunk with Vodafone

engrhaseeb81
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Here is my Scenario:

CUBE ========>SIP-Trunk=====>Vodafone-Sip-Server.

I configure basic sip trunk configurations on Cisco 2900 series router. But my sip trunk does not get registered with vodafone. Router send sip register

message but did not receive any message from vodafone side. Please find attached configuration and ccsip debug and kindly help me.

48 Replies 48

Dragan Ilic
Level 4
Level 4

Is your routing fine? Are you talking SIP to vodafone over SIP wan interface?

"ip domain lookup" is in place? You didn't disable it perhaps?

BR,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

In addition to what Dragan asked for, is +97440006999 the DID that Vodafone would be expecting in the register messages?

Please rate useful posts.

hi thomas,

yes +97440006999 is the DID and they are expecting it in the register message.

Regard,

Haseeb

I would also double check if the SIP messages need to be UDP or TCP. Right now its UDP. Also, I would remove the bind commands from the SIP configuration and apply it at the dial-peer level. Also make sure that IP routing is working correctly whether the packets are going out the correct WAN interface to the router. 

Please rate useful posts.

Has this issue ever been resolved? We are running into the same issue with the same vendor. We keep getting 401 Unauthorized message.

They brought their test MATRIX PBX device to show that the everything is working.

In their MATRIX PBX device they set the SIP Identity to the pilot number and made sure that their MATRIX PBX is not sending the REGISTER message to the vodafone device.

Question, how can you instruct the Cisco CUBE not to send a REGISTER message?

How can you set the SIP Identity to just be the pilot number +9744000xxxx?

Thank you
Nadim

Hi Nadim,

Can you please send me your router "Sh Run" and "debug ccsip messages"?

Regard,

Haseeb

Hi Haseeb,

So, did you have your issue resolved with Vodafone? Or are you still not working?

Thank you
Nadim

Yes i have successfully resolved the issue that's why i am asking you about Router "Sh Run" and debug so that i can check it.

Regard,

Haseeb Ahmad

Hi Haseeb,

The files are attached.

Thank you
Nadim

and what are calling and called numbers?

It is the output of "debug ccsip all"

We are trying to bring the SIP trunk up first.

Thank you
Nadim

What is the IOS version you use?

1.Yes i am talking to vodafone over sip wan interface and that interface is also bind to sip. And ip domain lookup is not enable.

2. For routing i just put a static route towards vodafone.

Dragan Ilic
Level 4
Level 4
What do you mean by "IP domain lookup is not enabled" - it should be enabled for resolving vodafone sip server which you entered. BR, Dragan
HTH,
Dragan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: