Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CUBE topology

Dear All,

I currently have a customer who wants to use CUBE for inbound DTMF conversion:-

Q1)  Currently, my customer topology is as follows:-

LAN ---- CME (2901)  ---- FW ---- 2821 ---- Internet

Is it true that I can't put the CUBE on the 2901, and i have to put CUBE on the 2821 because the CUBE router must be a different router than the CME?

Q2)  My customer 2821 currently doesn't have any Voice interface cards at all.  If my customer buy CUBE license + relevant IOS on this 2821, and they want to have a maximum of 8 (eight) voice calls with Inband DTMF tone conversion, how many DSP should my customer purchase? The reason is when i checked the DSP Calculator, none of the criteria refers to Inband DTMF tone conversion.

Would greatly appreciated anyone's help.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

CUBE topology

Hi Hunt,

Q1) Yes, you need a separate ISR or ASR router for CUBE due to multiple reason of CPU, DSP resources, features, IOS, platform, licenses.  It is recommanded to deploy CUBE on ISR G2 2900/3900 for redundancy purposes. For IOS, I recommanded CUBE 1.4 IOS 15.1(1)T at least to have a better set of monitoring/reporting capabilities for SIP.

Q2) DSP resources calculation is very complicated since it is depending on trancoding (codec, protocol), transrating (packetlization), DTMF, call flow, etc.  To have a better idea how much DSP resources it needed, you have to know a little more about the traffic and call flow.  What type of codecs it will support, what type of calls: H323/SIP only or both, SRTP/RTP, DTMF interworking, video or just audio; and also based on the PVDM types. 

After you have all the information regarding the DSP resources, you can go to the following sites for more information:

UC Sizing Tool (currently requires partner login) – includes GW and DSPs

http://tools.cisco.com/cucst/faces/solutionsCatalog.jsp

DSP Calculators (requires Cisco.com login)

•ISR G2: www.cisco.com/go/dspcalculator

Hope it helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content