Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 10.5 DRS Backup fails

Jagsuvce G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco Unity Connection DRS Backup fails after 100% saying "ERROR: Backup failed due to an interruption during file copy to backup media, Backup Completed..."Also removed HTMLNotification from backup (unchecked the option).

We are using Ftpd.exe.

Attached snap shot for reference

Pls suggest what could be the issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anirudh Mavilakandy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any backups from an older CUC version in the backup location? Try moving the backup to a different location.

You can also try with other SFTP servers like OpenSSH, Cygwin or FreeFTPd.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Anirudh Mavilakandy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any backups from an older CUC version in the backup location? Try moving the backup to a different location.

You can also try with other SFTP servers like OpenSSH, Cygwin or FreeFTPd.

Hi,

Thanks for the solution.

Moved the backup to different location and updated FTdp to latest. Since 2 days its working fine.

Thanks again.

Regards

Jagadish

I was getting the same error message when backing up UCM and UCCX but not on the new instance of UCXN.  After reading this I figured it was the old backups and putting those in an archive folder fixed the issue for me.  They were from a previous version prior to the upgrade to 10.5.1.  Everything is backing up smoothly now.  We were already on the latest version of Freeftpd.

I was getting the same  "ERROR: Backup failed due to an interruption during file copy to backup media, Backup Completed..." message as well after upgrading Unity Connection to v10.5.2.

Moving the old DRS backup files to a different location allowed the new DRS to complete successfully.

Thanks!

Thanks! This worked for me, too.

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

try to restart DRS local and master services and try again.

also try another location for the backup

Regards

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

arnieg
Level 1
Level 1

FreeFTPD has a 1 gb limit and the CUC backup is typically larger than that. I only have around 50 users on mine currently and the backup is around 1.5 gb. You can test this by not backing up the messages to see if it works. If it does, then you know your are hitting that 1gb limit. 

I use OpenSSH. A little bit of a pain to set up but works great once it is configured.

The older version of FreeFTPd had the 1 gb limit. Newer versions work fine.