Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUC 9 Call Handlers

I am pretty new to CUC and trying to move us from UC500 to CUCM/CUC box. Everything is pretty much done but one thing I am struggling with is the Auto Attendant.

On the UC I had a script which looked at the business hours and then gave you two options: 1 for Support and 2 for everything else. This I have managed to replicate on the Unity Connection. However, when a user press 1, it will ring all the phones (as it should) and after 3 rings the call gets dropped if no one picks it up. Now on the UC, it used to just be redirected to VoiceMail after 20 seconds. I cannot seem to find how to do this on the BE system.

Diagram:

Outside caller --> CUBE --> CUCM ext 602 (forwards all calls to CUC) --> Call Handler ext 602 plays a message:

1) Support -> Forwards calls to Hunt Group 600 --> Rings phones 3 times and drops the call

2) Everything else --> Forwards calls to Hunt Group 601 --> Rings phones 3 times and drops the call

In the Caller Input of Call Handler I have set the following:

For option 1) Call Action - Transfer to alt contact number --> ext 600

For option 1) Call Action - Transfer to alt contact number --> ext 601

Am I missing something?

Many thanks,

Dmitry

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: CUC 9 Call Handlers

If the call is not in CUC, you cannot input a number to which you want to transfer.

This is no different if you remove CUC from the picture and just dial the hunt pilot, no way to input anything or do any transfer by yourself.

You need to send the call back to CUC so they can dial the number during the greeting and get transferred.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

CUC 9 Call Handlers

Do the hunt pilots have CFNA/CFB to VM?

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

They don't have a forward to voicemail but allow me to specify what number to forward to. This does not seem to work.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Cisco Employee

If the call is not in CUC, you cannot input a number to which you want to transfer.

This is no different if you remove CUC from the picture and just dial the hunt pilot, no way to input anything or do any transfer by yourself.

You need to send the call back to CUC so they can dial the number during the greeting and get transferred.

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

I have done that but the call seems to just loop around. My VM ext is 200 to 203, so I created a new call handler to take messages for the support line which is 398 but get the same problem.

Ah I think I've worked it out. In the Line groups it's said to keep hunting when no answer or busy. So I will tune this to my needs and give it a go again. Many thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies