Helpful
Replies

CUC call handler cannot transfer call to an external line

kilias
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I have been trying to accomplish this:

Dial In to CUCM (through a H.323 VG) from an outside line -> forward the line to CUC -> and before I can reach the call handler that is going to allow me to dial the digits to go outside again, to enter an Authorization Code or a PIN.

I have managed so far to dial in, forward the call to CUC, reach the call handler which allows me to enter the digits but as soon as I dial the digits for an external line (For Internal call it is working OK) and hit 1(to dial) I get the message "sorry this number is busy" although the line is free. I have not managed to deal with the PIN or Auth Code issue yet but I guess that could be done by assigning a user (and its PIN) with the extension that forwards the call to CUC right?

Any ideas why CUC cannot transfer to an external line but it can transfer to an inernal just fine??

I am using CUCM 10.5, CUC 9.1, SIP connection between them and a H.323 VG on a 2911 ISRG2.

Thank you in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does your CUCM-CUC integration has reach ability to the RPs for the calls??
Have you enabled "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"?
Does your restriction tables allow your dialing??

Remember CUC has no intelligence to tell you whether what you're dialing is correct or not, you need to be dialing the DN/phone just as you would from any other ip phone.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

1-I think your problem is regarding restricted tables - Default system transfer- and check patterns you can enable any outgoing call , by uncheck any pattern  for example 9*********. Kindly check the below link.You  are also able to add new patern by click Add , please do not forget to do uncheck.

Matches zero or more digits.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag110.html

2-Make sure that if you have existing CSS to do external calls , your VM ports should be on same CSS .

Thanks

please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does your CUCM-CUC integration has reach ability to the RPs for the calls??
Have you enabled "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"?
Does your restriction tables allow your dialing??

Remember CUC has no intelligence to tell you whether what you're dialing is correct or not, you need to be dialing the DN/phone just as you would from any other ip phone.

HTH

java

Hello again,

I have removed every restriction from the restriction tables, I have checked the "Allow Transfers to numbers not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" in the specific handler used but still no luck. When I get to the point to enter the desired number to get transfer to and hit 1, I get the message "the number is busy"

However:

There are no Voice Ports on the CUCM to configure CSS. The communication between them is done with SIP Trunk. Maybe change a setting to the SIP Trunk? How can I test If my CUCM-CUC integration can reach those calls? The number is entered as it would in a IP Phone...

Thanks again

The SIP trunk you would use to a SP or to CUC is the same, exact same settings that you would check for pstn calls to reach inbound DNs, you check for the CUC SIP trunk

HTH

java

Hello

I have been facing the same problem and I have been watching the discussion from the beginning. Can you explain how to check the CUC SIP Trunk in order to see if it is correctly configured?

Thank You

Hello again.

I do not have a SIP Trunk to a SP so I do not know how to check its capability to call an external number. I have been changing a lot of settings to the SIP trunk but nothing seems to work. I keep getting the resporse from CUC that this number is busy when I am trying to forward to an external line but transfer to an internal DN works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Hello again

Sorry for the late reply.

Eventually I found the CSS setting in the VM SIP Trunk, changed it to the desired CSS and everything is working fine now.

Thank you

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

1-I think your problem is regarding restricted tables - Default system transfer- and check patterns you can enable any outgoing call , by uncheck any pattern  for example 9*********. Kindly check the below link.You  are also able to add new patern by click Add , please do not forget to do uncheck.

Matches zero or more digits.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag110.html

2-Make sure that if you have existing CSS to do external calls , your VM ports should be on same CSS .

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: