Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC communicating with unknown IP address

Shaijala
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our Unity connection constantly communicating with an external IP address (tcp/2000), from the CUC wireshark logs i could see that this is happening every 1 second. I have checked apps logs and connection manager logs but couldn’t find this IP address in logs, I also checked NTP IP, backup server IP but these are different.

Can any one help me on this ...

CUC Version 7.1.3.10000-68

Thanks,

Sam

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Port 2000 is SCCP port, is the IP address not of any of your integrated PBXes?

If not then you need to perform traces on your network to see what it is.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the update. Thats not our IP address , thats a public IP address. When i took Wireshark logs from Unity connection CLI i could see the IP (traffic going from unity connection to external IP address) , however from the RTMT logs i coudnot find the IP address. is there any possiblity to check from unity connection system?

Regards,

Sam

You should not see any traffic on port 2000 between the server and phones, the SCCP traffic should only come from CUCM server. If there is something else trying to connect, that sounds like a rouge connection and you should block it with ACL or firewall.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: