Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUC Upgradation

Hi All,

I have soem question regarding to upgrade my CUC cluster , becaue i am doing first time to it, so I  have some questions for it , and I will be

appreciate and thanks to all you in advance.

Q1:- What is the best practic to upgarde CUC Ver 8.6.2  to 9.1.(2) ?

Q2:- what are the things i have to know before go to upgrade ?

Q3:- What are the technically issues I can face during upgradation ?

I hope I can receice some good recommandation and help one more time .

Thanks

Regard

Rizwan

• IP Telephony
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

1) Start by reading the

1) Start by reading the upgrade guide, RNs, and README of target version. All the info is available at cisco.com

2) See #1

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Is this in place upgrade on

Is this in place upgrade on the same hardware or migration to new platform?

Ensure you order media and license upgrade via PUT.

Ensure you read up on ELM licensing as you will need to migrate your licenses to ELM.

Chris

Hi Chris,Thanks for reply

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reply ,

right now we are using MCS45 and will use UCS-C220 (Exsi VM ), and we have right media is ios form ,download form cisco , yes we also read ELM licensicng but right now it is not the problem, because we will upgrdae in  inisolated environment and after upgrade then we will convert it in production.

I am waried about it that during installation what kind of the steps I have to knows during installation, i will be happy to receive you advice.

Thanks

Rizwan

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Did you read the upgrade

Did you read the upgrade guide as recommended by Java?

You can either do Drive to 9 and DRS restore or use COBRAS for Unity Connection upgrade/migration.

Chris

FYI. I also did this exact

FYI.

I also did this exact same upgrade a few nights ago. The upgrade of the CUC Publisher failed until I found an obscure blog advising to restart the server. So I restarted the Publisher and the upgrade completed successfully.

The Subscriber upgraded Ok first time but failed the switch-version. A restart of the Sub and then the switch-version worked.

Odd but just something to be aware of.

Cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.