cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.0 LDAP - Can I add Primary Extension on import

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I need to know if it's possible to automatically assign the number in the AD ipPhone field as a person's Primary Extension and Self Service User ID when they are imported from LDAP.  I can't find a place to set this.  The problem is that I want to use the new Self-Provisioning feature, but it requires that both of these fields be filled out.  It's sort of a chicken and egg issue.  I can't manually set the primary extension on a user until they've been assigned a Controlled Device with that line on it.  But the whole point of Self Provisioning is that I don't have to assign a phone up front.  

The documentation implies that simply setting a mask in the LDAP directory will assign a primary extension (see below), but I have a mask of XXXX set (all numbers in the AD field are 4-digits already so this just keeps what is there) and have manually synchronized since I added the mask but it has not added set the primary extension or Self Service ID for anyone.  Of course there is no place for me to list a partition for the extension so what would happen if I had multiple partitions for extensions?  (I don't, but just wondering)

Apply mask to synced telephone numbers to create a new line for inserted users

Check the check box to apply mask to the synced telephone number of the user.

Enter a mask value in the Mask text box. The Mask can contain one to twenty four characters including numbers (0-9), X, and x. It must include at least one x or X.

For example, if you set the mask as 11XX for the user with a telephone number 8889945, after the mask is applied, 1145 becomes the primary extension of the user.

11 Replies 11

mnour401917_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have this problem as well, did you end up fixing it?

It's wasn't pretty.  I had to diasble LDAP, delete all of the users, and re-enable LDAP.  It seems that the Self-Service PIN and Primary extension are only set when a user who doesn't exist in the system is first input into the system.  It will not apply the mask and set those fields if the user already exists in the system.

I initially tried disabling LDAP (letting the users become inactive LDAP users) and then re-enabling it to let it re-sync but that didn't work. 

The settings definitely need to be tweaked by Cisco (maybe a "re-apply mask settings" checkbox or something) but I guess that's what I get for deploying things on the bleeding edge :)

Hi Kyle,

You could use the BAT feature to update the existing users.

BAT lets you update anything on the line level as well as the phone level along with end user updates too.

check it out.

thanks,

Prantik.

Hi,

But you can't do that automaticaly when you import user from ldap. You need to do that manualy. So boring.

Even in v11, it appears you can't do that. You can assign new line from a pool for user without line, but cannot sync ipPhone with primary line on user page.

Maybe I missed something,

Regards

No, that's completely wrong, you can map the ipPhone ldap field to Phone Number and use it to create the lines for the imported users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Exact, I verified right now. The option is grayed for me but I suppose I need to select "feature group template" with an "associated line template" to provision default partition (and other things) to added line. I will try another day.

Thank you to correct me Jaime

Correct, you need a universal line template for those to be added, so a common set of settings is available for them upon creation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

same issues here, but for adding new phone to AD user, the extension was missing , deleting the user and importing them again fix the issue ,

Kevin SAS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Same problem for me. Like you told us, it is impossible to synchronise the primary extension with the IP Phone number of an existing user in ldap directory.

Only new user created in the AD will be ready for self-provisionning.

I have the 10.0 version too.

Hi.

I have the same problem. Older users from AD are imported without the Self-Service User ID. By creating a new - everything is imported without any problems. What could be the reason?

I solved a problem that way. Imported users converted to local, deleted, corrected attributes in AD, then re-imported from AD. Cisco have something to do with updating attributes in the CUCM.

CUCM 11.