cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.0 MOH Play Continuously check box not available

MarceloCheconi
Level 1
Level 1

We are installing a BE6000 with CUCM 10.0 and having a hard time trying to configure a MOH multicast audio source to play continuously. We don't want the audio file, which contains a variety of audio clips, to be played from start on every call put on hold. The Features and Services guide states that we must check a "Play Continuously" check box to make it work but there's no such check box at the Music on Hold Audio Source configuration window.

The guide goes as follows:

Manage Audio Sources

After music on hold audio sources are created, their management occurs entirely through Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. Choose Media Resources > Music On Hold Audio Source to display the Music On Hold (MOH) Audio Source Configuration window. For a given audio source, use this window to add, update, or delete a music on hold audio source. For each audio source file, assign a music on hold audio source number and music on hold audio source name and decide whether this audio source will play continuously and allow multicasting. For an audio source, this window also displays the music on hold audio source file status. See the Find a Music On Hold Audio Source for details.

Does anyone knows why we can't find the Play Continuously check box? This problem, which should be an insignificant detail, is causing us A LOT of trouble.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The option was removed since 9.X, the last release where you can find it is 8.6

CSCue85258   Play continuously needs to be removed from CM Features & Services Guide 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The option was removed since 9.X, the last release where you can find it is 8.6

CSCue85258   Play continuously needs to be removed from CM Features & Services Guide 

HTH

java

Jaime, thank you for your reply. And is there any workaround? I mean, we have the guide and this feature is listed as available. The customer is really upset because he had a $500 hybrid PBX that could play MOH streamed from a pen drive...

Regards

Marcelo

Did you review the bug information??

HTH

java

Jaime, unfortunately the link reports that this webpage is not available.

You can just take the bug and search it in the public bug search page

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue85258

HTH

java

Jaime, I could reach the bug info now, thank you.

The problem remains the same. Although this is considered as "fixed" and its severity as "Minor", it seems like Cisco simply decided to ignore the issue.

Is there any workaround that would allows us to play a MOH audio source continuously in CUCM 10.0 (like a third party solution)? As I wrote before, it seems unbelievable that a sophisticated solution like BE6000 can't provide such a simple feature like this. 

Thanks again.

Marcelo

Jaime, I probably didn't make myself clear, sorry, English isn't my first language.

I understand that the lack of the check box isn't considered a "problem". I undertand that the MOH file will play continuously while there's a call on hold. A new call put on hold will receive the MOH from a random point. The MOH will keep playing for 10 seconds after the last call was transferred or answered and then will play from the start when a new call is put on hold. OK.

The "problem" is on our side, as we need that this 3-hour long audio clip keeps playing continuously in a way that new incoming calls receive different MOH most of the time. You see, this is a personal choice. As I wrote, the customer had this feature in his old PBX and chose his favorite songs to create a "mood" and have it associated with his brand's image.

My question should probably be: is there a solution that would allow us to source an external (maybe) continuous audio stream to be used as MOH on CUCM 10.0?

Thank you

Marcelo

You would need to configure the srst as moh feature + the cme external audio souce to get that, we have no other solution for an external audio source, that, or buy a 3rd party standalone multicast device to inject the stream in your network.

we used to have a usb dongle when we allowed MCSs, no longer with virtualization. Whoever positioned the product, should have taken that into consideration, and explained the customer this. This is not new, this comes back from CUCM 8.0, when we enabled ESXi support. You can never expect 100% parity of features between vendors.

as explained in the bug, multicast will play nonstop, isnt that what you wanted?????

HTH

java

Jaime, I thank you for all the help. The problem is that we are using multicast, but the file will play from the beginning on every call, so I understand that the bug explanation isn't correct.

We actually referred to the Services And Features Guide and it still mentions (to this very day) that the Play Continuously (repeat) feature was available. 

We will look for a multicast device.

Thank you again and regards

Marcelo

Yeah, I see it's still in there, it shouldn't be, the bug was created for 9.0 docs, we're on 10.5 and it's still there, I'll take that to the CUCM team, if you're not observing the behavior explained in the bug, you can open a TAC case and have this escalated to the BU, or whoever wrote the bug, to clarify what should be the expected behavior.

HTH

java

OK, I'll do it. Thanks.

Do you know where to set the 10 sec MOH stream when it is no longer used ? - our is only 5 sec , then it starts from beginning - i do a hold function in CCX and unhold and then a prompt that last 6 sek..... moh replays from beginning.

mike.meyer1
Level 1
Level 1

Personally I see this is as a huge oversight on the half of the CUCM team, being that they have overlooked the baseline consistencies and design facets this has in an ACD environment. This impacts our UCCX builds and we're now finding out all the strange workarounds to ensure a quality and consistent MoH solution when used in an ACD environment.

ACD design calls for consistent MoH, prompts, queue position prompts, menus etc. When MoH begins after every script prompt, menu,  etc is very unprofessional.

I have logged several TAC cases now and it seems to be that the CUCM and UCCX teams are not playing nice. There responses appear arrogant and draw a solid line in the sand with no direction or best practise feedback.

We have basically two ways to now resolve this issue.

1) above normal and complex scripting with embedded prompts/loops being used to provide a consistent experience

2) having to use 3rd party MoH solutions (i.e. CME based MoH etc.)

I would love to see more of the internal teams collaborating and working together to ensure that issues such of this do not occur and we can develop best of breed product and solutions for our customers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: