Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 10.5.1 and Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging (UM) SIP Trunk Problem

This is more a comment if you're migrating from a lower version to 10.x.  Hopefully Google will pickup this post so others don't spend too much time (I got lucky and found this in about 30 minutes).

There are many more SIP options than in the past.  If you configured your integration as per the integration doc, all settings are relevant, however there are some new defaults that need to change.

SYMPTOM: Dialing another number or AA pilot and being redirected internally works, but the call drops on calls from external phones.  Exchange logs an Event ID 1079 from UMCore and also informational 1084 and 1172 events.  A capture yields a status 200 OK, then an ACK, two BYEs and a status 481 that the call leg does not exist.  The call is then dropped.

RESOLUTION:

In the SIP Trunk, modifiy the following:

Device Information. . . Check Media Termination Point Required.  I've had some that have needed this checked and some where I needed to leave unchecked.  In this case going from 7.1 to 10.5 necessitated enabling.

Call Routing Information. . . SIP Privacy:  Need to change from Default to None. 

Any comments how the SIP Privacy might affect security and functionality would be appreciated.

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content