Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 10.5 LDAP question

Hi all,

Question regarding CUCM 10.5 LDAP integration:  There are 2 CUCM 10.5 clusters that will be LDAP integrated to a single OU.  How can it be set-up so that each CUCM will only sycnh its user base with corresponding members at their physical location and not entire OU user base?  For example:  1 OU includes users at 4 sites.  Two of these sites have CUCM 10.5 clusters and two have other systems.  The intent is for each CUCM user base to include only users at their own locations and not the entire OU.   Please advise.

Thank you!

"I believe that the greatest work of God has not been in the miraculous, nor in the spectacular, incomprehensible Creation, but rather I believe it was accomplished on the Cross where He Himself purchased the redemption of His Bride... the salvation of m
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could use the ipphone

You could use the ipphone attribute to filter, assuming the users have different number ranges.

so for instance cluster A number range 768XXX, suck in users that have the OU AND have a phone attribute of 768XXX

ckluster B, number range 799XXX, same thing but ipphone filter based on 799XX and same OU again.

should work.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

4 REPLIES

You could use the ipphone

You could use the ipphone attribute to filter, assuming the users have different number ranges.

so for instance cluster A number range 768XXX, suck in users that have the OU AND have a phone attribute of 768XXX

ckluster B, number range 799XXX, same thing but ipphone filter based on 799XX and same OU again.

should work.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Cisco Employee

duplicate https:/

duplicate https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12315336/cucm-105-ldap-question

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thank you so much for your

Thank you so much for your input!  BTW... somehow this posting was duplicated - and received replies on all... sorry for any error on part.  Thanks again!!

"I believe that the greatest work of God has not been in the miraculous, nor in the spectacular, incomprehensible Creation, but rather I believe it was accomplished on the Cross where He Himself purchased the redemption of His Bride... the salvation of m

Thank you for the response

Thank you for the response minkdennis.  This approach lines up with other similar suggested methods.  The only thing is that this filtering would require the IP phones field populated with their extensions and the extensions/DNs will not be assigned until after the user account is grabbed from the AD synch.  The process would flow as follows:  user added to AD, user account in AD is scripted with relevant permissions etc..., CUCM synchs with AD and pulls down user base including new users (with no, phone, or IP phone assigned yet)...  so using this flow, the LDAP filters would have to be something different like Office or address because the IP phone field would be empty until AD is updated with this information...

Thank you again... got some stuff to think about now...

Views
Helpful
Replies