Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 - VG224 and VG248

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Planning an upgrade from 8.5 to 10.5.  We have one VG248 and a few VG224's in production.  Anyone running on 10.5 and using these devices?  Any issues? 

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Troy,

VG224 and VG248 is definitely supported. Here is cisco's recommendation

VG224: Upgrade ios to 15.1.4(M7) or replace with VG320

VG248:Upgrdae ios to 1.3(2) or replace with VG350 or VG320

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We are looking to upgrade to 10.5 aswell.I know the vg224 have an IOS dependency , not sure about the vg248's

cheers

mark

I found this which lead to me believe VG224 is not tested but am surprised that VG248 is with 10.5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Troy,

VG224 and VG248 is definitely supported. Here is cisco's recommendation

VG224: Upgrade ios to 15.1.4(M7) or replace with VG320

VG248:Upgrdae ios to 1.3(2) or replace with VG350 or VG320

Please rate all useful posts

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Perfect!  Thank you. 

rumplenelskin
Level 1
Level 1

You asked about issues.  Here's what I'm facing.  I was running CUCM 7.xx .  Upgraded to 10.5 yesterday.  the usual expected tweaking but no big surprises until I came across my vg224's.  Instead of reading the ports as configured when they were registered to the new CM, all the ports were zeroed.  Not the end of the world except when I rebuilt them and try to use them, I get a fast busy after dialing any outbound calls and calling in it answers after on ring and sounds like I've called a fax.  I updated to newest IOS and have rechecked configs many times.  MGCP gateway by the way.  Maybe I've missed something but if anyone has any helpful suggestions I'm all ears.

Update:  Nevermind.  just a bad set of circumstances coming together to look like a very weird bug.  basically configured a port off by one from where I needed it

So you got it to work using CUCM 10.5 and a vg224 with 15.1.4(M7)?

I am in the same boat and I have upgraded my ios to the same version but ia m still experiencing the same issue.  Any suggestions?  and what do you mean by "configured a port off by one from where I needed it" if i may ask.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: So for me the issue had to do with dtmf tones. There was a problem with the dtmf tones that the call manager was sending and the vg was sending back.  We were able to correct this using MTP resources but I felt the better way was to handle this at the gateway level. So we added these commands to the vg and the issue was resolved:

Mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode nte-gw

Mgcp package-capability fm-package

Mgcp package-capablity dtmf-package

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: