cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 FCS - Deprecated Endpoints

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM 11.5 is now available on CCO software downloads as of today, the FCS build number is 11.5.1.10000-6 and can be accessed at the following:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286306100&flowid=79971&softwareid=282074295&release=11.5%281%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

File: UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.10000-6.sgn.iso

Release Notes

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151_chapter_010.html

Imp Change:

Deprecated Endpoints

As of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Firmware Release 11.5, the following phones are not supported:

• Cisco IP Phone 12 SP+ and related models

• Cisco IP Phone 30 VIP and related models

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7910

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7910SW

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912

• Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7920

• Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7935

If you use any of these phone models on an older release of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and you upgrade to Release 11.5, the phone will not work after the upgrade completes.

Manish

44 Replies 44

Thanks Jaime

You saved my life :)

Finally found it

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X8-8.pdf

Gorden, could you please post a link for where you have read the compatibility for

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to add something, you'll actually get a warning during the upgrade procedure if any of those endpoints are found in the database, in the same page where you're asked if you want to switch after the upgrade, or switch manually, there will be a warning explaining the same, so anyone who has those, will be aware of the changes before starting the upgrade.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That's really good, will prevent a lot of unnecessary cases and customer dissatisfaction.

Manish

FYI: I did a upgrade of testsystem from 10.5.2 to 11.5 via PCD 11.5.2 -> there is no warning about it so far and upgrade of nodes keeps in "release locking" state but finished/successful.

You should have received a warning when you upgraded to PCD 11.5(2), I upgraded mine last night and got the warning. I'm pretty sure you will NOT get a warning if you upgrade/migrate using PCD, as PCD itself doesn't go into the DB to see if you have any of those devices, it simply moves the data from A to B, or upgrades the server.

This is a warning, that as I mentioned, you would get in the server, before you start the actual procedure, BUT, there is a twist in the story I'm afraid, I was going to do the upgrade a couple of hours ago, configured some bogus 7910/7912, but I never received the notification, which should have been similar to the one from PCD, but in the GUI

It seems there is a problem with this, and a bug will be generated to follow up this problem.

So, it seems the warning will not be displayed until this is fixed, I tried this on 11.0.1.20000-2 and did not receive the warning, if anyone upgrades from any other version and does get the warning, do let us know.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Thanks for the update Manish,

As of yet, the release notes for 11.5 don't bother to go into open and resolved caveats. On the other hand 11.0.1SU2 was recently released and the release notes elaborate the vast amount of fixes which have accumulated over the past half a year. 

Hopefully the release notes for 11.5 will be updated in the near future. Until then, for all we know 11.5 may be a fork of 11.0.1SU1 or even earlier and therefore be less stable than 11.0.1SU2

Hi Nadav,

I will post this information about open and resolved caveats as and when available.

Manish

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manish,

Thanks so much for providing this important change in CUCM support behavior. This is the first time in memory that CUCM will no longer support certain endpoints which is a rather drastic change that people need to be aware of. Although, I do NOT agree with this change in direction, and find it curious at best and punitive at worst, I do very much appreciate the kindness shown here in bringing this to our attention!

Cheers!

Rob

I agree with you Rob about the changed behavior of deprecating the support for certain endpoints for the first time as there would be many installations with large number of these endpoints. 

Manish

A field notice is out providing details of why this decision to stop the support of certain endpoints was taken

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/fieldNotice/cucm_b_fn-deprecated-phone-models-1151.html?emailclick=CNSemail

Manish

Whilst the field notice is appreciated, I think Cisco need to warn customers well in advance of when they're planning to cease support of phones. e.g. Cisco should be saying now what is due to be removed in CUCM 13.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Has anyone else noticed that downloading this is really quite slow? I've tried from both home and work and my browser is telling me it's going to take 6-7 hours.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Funny you should mention that.

A few weeks ago I had a weird download issue when attempting to download 10.5.2(SU3a) for a customer in the UK.

I tried it from various different connections (20Mbps Leased Line, 10Mbps EFM circuit etc) and my download speeds were extremely slow. When attempting the download from the customers 10Mbps Leased Line in the US, the download was completed in over 1 hour, as expected, but from the other two types of circuits, it got to 4 hours and the download was nowhere near complete so I gave up!

After a bit more digging I put it down to an issue with the SU itself. When downloading 10.5.2(SU3) the download speeds were as expected and it was completed in over 1 hour.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: