Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 5.1.3 - DRS Backup failed

Rinat Garipov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, All!

We are using CUCM 5.1.3.7000 and have noticed, that after some system  patch was installed, built-in DRS has stopped to make sсheduled backups.

When we are trying to do manual backup, it says:

Failed to initiate backup. Backup failed, unable to create backup storage directory: /common/drf/(backup_data)/.

What might cause such bad behaviour?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shahnawaz,

i think you have to free up space in the DRF folder using the root account.You may want to open a TAC case for this as this requires root access.

Take the Root access and use these commands.

[root@ccmpub tacuser]# cd /common   ("tacuser" is the root account created )

[root@ccmpub common]# ls -l

you will find DRF directory with huge filesize.

drwxrwxrwx  32000 root     root       901120 Jun 24 02:00 drf

Go to that directory,

[root@ccmpub common]# cd drf

Delete the folders using the command rm -d -rf

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abdul

Please rate helpful posts !!!!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rinat,

The error is because 91% of the server hard disk space is used & DRS is not getting enough space to create backup image. Pls vacate the disk & try to run the backup.

Even after having enough HDD space, if u continue getting the message, then look for DRS's permission to that folder where it creates backup image. Did the patch installation mess it up.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Hi, Gajanan!

Thanks for reply.

Could you please advice how to clear active partition effectively?

Checkout How to free up space on the hard disk

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

shahnawaz.a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  Gajanan,

In our case there is enough space on HDD still we are not able to take back.

Even after having enough HDD space, if u continue getting the message,  then look for DRS's permission to that folder where it creates backup  image. Did the patch installation mess it up.

Please let me know how to do DRS's permission to that folder ?

abarkalg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rinat,

Seems like you are hitting CSCsm33625 . Try to change backup path from /common/drf/(backup_data)/. to  /common/drf/(backup_data)./

Regards,

Abdul

HI Abdul,

No luck it don't work for me

please let me know how to do DRS's permission to that folder ?

I am getting following error in SDI logs

2012-04-23 17:39:44,467 INFO [NetMessageDispatch] - drfUtils:deleteFile: File deleted :/common/drf/dUmmI_Drf

2012-04-23 17:39:44,467 INFO [NetMessageDispatch] - drfutils.sftpOperation: executing sftp command: /usr/local/platform/cli_scripts/run_script /usr/local/platform/bin/drf_sftp.sh admin@192.168.42.68 rm /dUmmI_Drf no

2012-04-23 17:39:47,436 DEBUG [NetMessageDispatch] - drfUtils:sftpOperation: Successfully executed sftp command in allotted time

2012-04-23 17:39:47,436 INFO [NetMessageDispatch] - drfUtils:makeDirectory: Creating directory: /common/drf/2012-04-23-17-39-47/

2012-04-23 17:39:47,449 DEBUG [NetMessageDispatch] - drfUtils:makeDirectory: Error - directory creation failed for: /common/drf/2012-04-23-17-39-47/, stdErr: /bin/mkdir: cannot create directory `/common/drf/2012-04-23-17-39-47': Too many links.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advances

Hi Shahnawaz,

i think you have to free up space in the DRF folder using the root account.You may want to open a TAC case for this as this requires root access.

Take the Root access and use these commands.

[root@ccmpub tacuser]# cd /common   ("tacuser" is the root account created )

[root@ccmpub common]# ls -l

you will find DRF directory with huge filesize.

drwxrwxrwx  32000 root     root       901120 Jun 24 02:00 drf

Go to that directory,

[root@ccmpub common]# cd drf

Delete the folders using the command rm -d -rf

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abdul

@abarkalg Hi, how does one change that? sorry am new to CUCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: