Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 5 to 7 upgrade licence issue

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

I have upgraded from 5.1.3 to version 7.0.2. so far so good only issue is that I have lost quite a few DLUs. As this is a test environment not an issue yet but I will be upgrading the live system in two weeks time. I had a look around on the forum and it appears to be that this is because devices were not registered at the time of upgrade. I carry quite a few spare phones and have quite a few instances of communicator for users that travel. Bar plugging in all the device what is the best way round this. Does the device only have to be configured but not registered on the system or does it need to be registered and as such powered up during the upgrade.

Thanks

Paul

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Paul,

Hope all is well (other than this stuff :)

Cisco Licensing is usually very good about these type of issues. I would complete the attached excel spreadsheet and submit it to;

licensing@cisco.com

Indicating the problems you are encountering. They should be able to issue you a license that encompasses all of your IP Phones, registered or otherwise :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

It has nothing to do with device registration. The "device registration" scenario only applies to Win-Linux upgrade (ie. from CCM 4.x to CUCM 5.x/6.x/7.x).

If you upgrade from 5.x to 7.x, it's impossible (or almost impossible) to lose DLUs. If you did lose DLUs, we need to look at the license files and License Manager logs. I'd recommend you open a TAC case for it.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Michael, Rob

Loaded up the new RTMT and looked at the log it constantly shows the Cisco License Manager as Down. Reset this in the services and all the DLUS came in, iver 6000 compared to the 1900 I was getting before. The issue is that the service still shows down, when I reset it it wont show running. I will keep digging as to why it wont stay up. But any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Rob, Michael,

Bit of a strange one or I am impatient. I reset the License service no joy. Added the version 7 licences again, and as expected recieved the error saying they already existed, restarted license service again at it remained running.

So sorted in the end thanks for you support once again.

Thanks

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: