Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.0 business edition installation

Kromopawiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I want to install Cisco Unified Communications manager 6.0 Business Edition.

Installation manual says I can choose if i want to install only the CCM of if I want to install CCM and Unity, but i'm not getting this choice.

If I try to install Unity it complete reinstalls the system (and removing CCM)

Do I have the wrong DVD or I'm I missing something?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

Floyd

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

not enough RAM to run both apps, most CUCM 6 specific servers have at least 4 gigs and some 6 gigs

sorry, seems your server can only handle one at a time

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that is HW dependant, if the installation disk does not detect the minimum requirements for both systems to run at the same time on the server you can only install 1 of them

u using a server designed for CUCM 6 specifically? ie 7816?

HTH

HTH

java

Hi,

my hardware:'

Platform Type 7835H1

Processor Speed 3400

CPU Type Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.40GHz

Memory 2048 Mbytes

Object ID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.584

OS Version operatingsystem.UCOS3.0.0.0-39

RAID Details RAID not configured

the compatibility matrax says it will run ccm, but not if it will run ccm and unity connect (business edition).

not enough RAM to run both apps, most CUCM 6 specific servers have at least 4 gigs and some 6 gigs

sorry, seems your server can only handle one at a time

HTH

HTH

java

For clarification, the installation will only allow you to install the co-res CUCM and Uniity Connection if it detects a MCS-7828 platfrom.

All other platforms will allow only one of the two applications, not both.

Regards,

Michael.

really? i installed mine in a 7816 and got the 3 options during the process, i installed CUCM and CUC and the server is running fine

HTH

java

Hey Guys,

I think that the 7828 is the Cisco Recommended MCS Version but that a "geeked up" 7816 would probably pass the Hardware Check/Test as well;

When you go through the install you should have received these choices;

After the hardware checks complete, Product Deployment Selection window displays.

Step 5 In the Product Deployment Selection window, select the product to install; then, choose OK. You can choose from the following options:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Cisco Unity Connection

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition (includes Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Note: Only the products that are supported on your server appear in the list.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/install/6_0_1/install/cmins601.html#wp149756

The servers listed under Co-resident Configuration are shipped from Cisco with the Operating System as well as the Cisco Unity Connection 2.1 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1 applications preloaded. For technical details and specifications for the co-resident servers, please refer to the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/products_data_sheets_list.html.

Co-resident Configuration

Cisco MCS 7828-H3

Cisco MCS 7828-I3

Cisco 7800 Series Media Convergence Servers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/products_data_sheets_list.html

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Server Support Matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks guys,

upgrading my RAM did the trick!

many thanks,

Floyd

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: