cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 6.1.3 change DN from 4 digits to 5/6

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

friends i have cucm 6.1.3 and becz of my MSN/DId which i am getting are having different digits i am forced to move from 4 digits to 5 digits extension...

right now my extension are 3000 series and my head number 554 - 3XXX series ... but now when i am taking the DID from my provider i am not getting 554 series and the new series is 557 so my new DIDs are not working... had a discussion with my provider and he said instead of 4 significant digits in DN we have to  consider 5 digits.. so i guess we have to convert our DNs from 4 digits...to 5... or is there other way of doing this .. please advise.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi JAtin,

can u try configuring 5572030 on your IP phone and check for outgoing number ?

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

Hi Jatin,

Change the ext back to 2030 and on the same page (line) go to directory Number Configuration page and Scroll down to External Phone Number Mask and enter the number 5572030 and apply.

Or please go through the below link carefully, you should resolve it.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/10051/how-change-caller-id-display-one-number-another-and-external-phone-number-mask

Suresh

View solution in original post

44 Replies 44

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You dont need to change the ext series, you can manipulate the digits easily.

For gateway in cucm you can select '4' as significant digits under call routing  Information - inobound calls.

Suresh

thansk suresh for the reply.. will you be able to guide me on this one please. like steps ... or from where this can be done and after doing this i guess my users will have new extension or they will have same extensions ...??

Hi,

If i am getting your problem correctly then your DID number starting 3 digits are change from 554 from 557 ?

If that's the scenario why you want to change the last four digit ext numbers ?

Thanks

Manish

dear manish.. yes this is the problem.. my DIDs are changing from 554 to 557 now .. my hunt line is 554 but under that i have New DIDs which are 557 XXXX so i am not able to dial from outside to this DID and when i am dialing out from this DID only my unt number is displaying not the DID as caller ID

Okay then check any translation pattern configured in cucm which is converting 554xxxx to xxxx and make changes there as per new did.

Suresh

Dear Suresh,

i dont have any translation patter.. earlier all the DIDs which i user to get was always from he same series as hunt number but now i am getting are from different series hunted on my primary line. so i am not sure if i have to do some extra config to configure the DID which i understand i never did with my CUCM. can you advise if there is anything which needs to be done in case of telling CUCM that this is DID and now consider the last 5 digits instead of last 4. because my 5 digits which never changed till date is also changing with new DIDs.

Hi Jatin

Can you try the below first ?.

If you are using MGCP you have to go suresh solution CUCM-device-gateway - on the page "you will find inboud calls -significant digits "select 4". After that we can think with for other solutions 

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Hi

Can you also check all translation pattern on you CUCM . CUCM-call routing-translation pattern

Thanks

please rate all useful information

nothing there.. its blank

Hi Jatin,

try running the debug on router and check for exact called number when call is being made from outside.

regds,

aman

can you please provide the debug commands...

run debug isdn q931 .

regds,

aman

dear Aman... just an update for you. i am able to dial in to my DID from outside and from inside when i am dialing to my mobile it is not showing the DID number but the main line number.  anything you can suggest.

inbound is good.. ourbound still showing main line number.

What do u get when u are dialing outside from IP phone in debug of router is it Pilot number or DID number ?

regds,

aman