Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 6.1 cluster accros WAN links

I was recently told that one of the nice features of 6.1 is that a subscriber node could be place accross a WAN link. I have a two node cluster right now. I'm thinking about adding a third in a backup data center. I would create two CallManager groups and have the both subcribers is each group but is reverse order. Then assign all the remote phones to the remote group and the local phones to the local group. Does this make sense?

--Patrick

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: CUCM 6.1 cluster accros WAN links

In 6.x we add the capability of DB writting in Subscriber IDS databases for user features like (EM, Call Forward, MWI, etc).

We have always had that capability for nodes across the WAN, meeting certain requirements.

in te SRND guide for 6.x

www.cisco.com/go/srnd you willl find all that info.

and for answering your question it makes sense what you are trying to achieve as long as you meet those requirements.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I know that earlier version could cross a WAN but I was told early on that the bandwidth requirements were quite high.

I am now under the impression that the bandwidth required is much less for the latest versions.

There is some good info on those SRND docs. I'll read through them and make sure I have the network sized appropriately.

--Patrick

Bronze

You are correct. Clustering over the WAN requirements have been relaxed in version 6.1. The old requirements were 40ms RTT, the new requirements are 80ms RTT.

Thank you,

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies