cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 DirSync Directories

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand this correctly when I enable DirSync then my CUCM publisher will pull data from AD, store it locally, and query against it when a DIRECTORIES search is done on a Cisco phone?

There is also a setting in CUCM under CUCM ADMINISTRATION-->SYSTEM-->ENTERPRISE PARAMETERS-->PHONE URL PARAMETERS-->URL DIRECTORIES and this setting looks like it points to the script that allows the built in DIRECTORIES to display and be queried.

Is this URL DIRECTORIES setting telling CUCM where to look when searching the built in DIRECTORIES?

Or is this URL DIRECTORIES available for me to point to an additional outside directory source while allowing the built in DIRECTORIES to still work?

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The URL directory still points to the Publisher database beacuse this is where "technically speaking" the user data pulled from AD is stored.

Hence even though you configure Directory sync, the URL directory still points to the CCM PUB database

Please rate all useful posts

But if I want to add a cell phone directory, for example, then that script and data needs to be hosted on an external server and external data source, like Active Directory.

Then I need to make the cell phone directory display on the Cisco phones.

I thought that it was necessary to point the URL DIRECTORES to the external server to get the cell phone directory to display on the Cisco phones?

If I do that what happens to CUCMs ability to use the built in DIRECTORIES?

I am sure you can use the external directory, but what it means is that, The phones will not look into CCM pub directory again. They will look into the configured directory

Please rate all useful posts

Right on.

The Cisco SDK says to point the URL DIRECTORIES to an external source so that is why I am looking at this option.

Is this the only way to enable an additional directory?

If this is the only way to enable an external directory then it looks like we will need to create a script to handle all the specific fields from AD that we want to be searched.

What about the MISSED CALLS, RECEIVED CALLS, and PLACED CALLS directories?

Will they still work normally after the URL DIRECTORIES is pointed to an external source?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: