Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 + GSM VTMflex + E1 PSTN rollover

pmarques
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have the following scenario:

One Publisher connected trough one E1 to Ecotel GSM VTMflex (MGCP controlled).

CUCM is also connected to a 3845 router with an E1 PRI to PSTN, also MGCP controlled.

The intention is for calls to flow to PSTN when GSM Gateway is full.

Traces show that the GSM gateway is sending a DISCONNECT with cause 0x81A2 - No channel available.

Apparently, to my understanding, CUCM is not interpreting this information correctly.

I browsed through CUCM's Service Parameters and found none that could possibly solve this issue.

I could probably try and solve this by creating the GSM GW as an H.323 one and point it back to CUCM but, if it is possible, I would like to stick to the MGCP configuration.

Any comments on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Pedro Marques

1 Reply 1

What about implementing CAC based on locations or even RSVP-enabled location call admission controll?

You can define number of calls which can be placed on gateway with GSM access and others re-route via normal PSTN access.

Check SRND CAC secition for more information: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/cac.html#wp1043949

rate if this help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: