cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 On-Net Calling

Jeremy Vorheis
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CUCM 6.1 cluster consisting of 1 Pub and 3 Subs; the Subs are separated geographically and each have their own 2821 gateways with their own PRIs. We also have 2 gigabit-ethernet links connecting all the sites to our core. What is the simplest and best way to set up routing call between sites over the gig links without changing how the users dial the numbers? Such as; today they dial 9-XXX-XXX-XXXX between sites but the calls are routed over the PSTN; we want them to dial it the same but instead route itt over our network.

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Do you mean that users reach the other sites over the PSTN? You can use translation patterns to transform the called number. However you need to be conscious of the route patterns that begin with 9 for pstn calls if you have any.

Please rate all useful posts

Yes, they do reach the other sites over the PSTN. We have quite a few route patterns that begin with 9; most of them are to block toll-fraud. I guess my question lies more on how to build the route pattern since it won't use a traditional route list like we currently have set up which uses the gateway endpoints; do I build a "virtual" gateway?

Thanks!

Before we go on, give me a clear picture of your setup. Are you remote sites on callmanager?? Why do you call them over the PSTN? Did you just install CCM?

Please rate all useful posts

Yes, all my remote sites are on CallManager; they are all part of the same cluster. For security reasons they all must be treated as their own entities; therefore we have PRIs coming in from the local COs for their service; also because of this there are some conflicts in the dialing plan so we were not able to have a universal dial plan which is why all call go over the PSTN at this time. My plan is to modify this so that only calls between the sites go over the network; all other calls will go over their local PSTN.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: