cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.0_1 Forward and Conference is greyed out

erikjustinlee
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing a new CUCM 7.0 system and the conference button is greyed out when I have a call between phones. Anyone had that? I configured the conference bridge and cant figure it out :(

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pemelend
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

What do you have as maximum number of calls for that phone extension?

If it is 1 try changing it to at least 2.

Regards

Pedro

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Can't say I am an expert here but did have a simliar problem on CME 7.

My issue was the lack of DSP resources being configured for conferencing. I believe this would be the "software bridge" on CUCM 7.

CME allows 3 user conferences via software if all users are on g711. But as soon as anyone (say over wan on g729) not on g711 comes in, then you need hardware conferencing (DSP). I beleive (only from reading) that on CUCM your conference bridge is the CME hw equivalent. So as long as that is working correct and registered with the phone, you should be good.

Did you reboot the phone after the conference bridge was established? Do you need to tell the CUCM or phone about the bridge? Just my 2 cents... again no expert!

Ok, so an update on this one, the bridge is configured correcty. It seems to be an issues specific to the 7931 phones. If I plug in a 7941 it comes right up and works... Hrm.

Does it have more than one "line". On the CME, the phone must have multiple lines assigned (either via multiple buttons assigned a "single line" dn or a single button or more with a "dual-line" dn).

Otherwise conferencing, transfers, call waiting, etc won't work.

pemelend
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

What do you have as maximum number of calls for that phone extension?

If it is 1 try changing it to at least 2.

Regards

Pedro

Yep, that got it. I wonder why it associates a 2941 line with that number to be 2 and a 2931 to be 1. Thanks though.

Cool. I believe it is just what DE's considered to be the most common or recommended for each specific device.

Txs

Pedro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: