Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.0 BE5k restore error

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to restore a Call manager BE5k from a backup and I am getting the error: Atleast one of the servers which was requested to be retored is not connected: CCN-CUCM. This may be due to master or local agent being down.

I have restarted the master and local agents many times and it is still not working. Is there anything i am missing that needs to be set on the new install before a restore is done?

Thanks...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There's no way you can restore a 5K DRS file, in anything else, that file, can only be restored in another 5K.

5K is BOUND to an MCS platform, there is no 5K in a virtual environment. 5K can only be in a MCS 7828.

The only way to get the CUCM info from a 5K, is BAT, then import that into the new server.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-34076

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You took the backup of  how many servers in a cluster?

Message says that u have not installed the new/same server when u are trying to restore.

regds,

aman

The backup was taken for one physical server running call manager/unity connection business edition. I have installed the same ISO image.

I am trying to upgrade this BE5k to BE6k. However since it is different platforms i.e the 6k is standalone  vms vs the be5k is on the same server, my upgrade path is tricky.

I have taken a backup of the existing call manager BE server and have installed the same image on a VM. I would like to restore the database in the VM and from there follow the upgrade path stated on the upgrade guide from the BE5k to BE6k.

Do I need to have the same hardware specs for this restore to work?

Hi,

I was referring one of the DOCS for similar migration and does not talk about restoring the way u are doing.

It talks about  the database exportuser in TAR file in BE5K and importing same in BE6K.

regds,

aman

There's no way you can restore a 5K DRS file, in anything else, that file, can only be restored in another 5K.

5K is BOUND to an MCS platform, there is no 5K in a virtual environment. 5K can only be in a MCS 7828.

The only way to get the CUCM info from a 5K, is BAT, then import that into the new server.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-34076

HTH

java

Thanks for confirming this. So I have reviewed the guide and its states that version 9.1 and up is supported for this upgrade. At this point I can't perform this upgrade since it is production.

So can I export the BAT for 5k (7.0 cucm) and import into the 10.5?

Please advise.

Yes, but you'll have to do a LOT of adjustments to the BAT files before they can be imported into any other major version. BAT files are also bound to the CUCM version.

You'll have to do this manually, or thru some CSV editor. There are no guides whatsoever for this, you'll have to do an export from 10.5, compare to your 7.0 export, and then do all the adjustments (add/remove fields) before trying to import.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime. I see that I have some long days ahead of me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: