cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.0 - Patches?

rcoote5902_2
Level 2
Level 2

I'm in the process of migrating our 4.1(3) CallManagers to new hardware running 7.0. I believe the vendor provided 7.0 only with no patches.

EDIT: On bootup the servers show version 7.0.2-20000-5 so it looks to be 7.0(2a).

Would it be prudent to patch up to the latest version? ie: 7.1(2a)SU1?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Rob,

Definitely, this is an excellent plan! There are many, many Bug fixes in this newer release.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Trent Hurt
Level 1
Level 1

I would say yes because that patch contains a fix for the vulnerability described in the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a0080af2d11.shtml

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Rob,

Definitely, this is an excellent plan! There are many, many Bug fixes in this newer release.

Cheers!

Rob

I just posted on how this version is crap, not sure if that statement is 100 percent correct I just had a long week working with it so forgive me. I ran into an issue with it on CUC clustering but I think that might be hardware related, working with TAC on that issue. The issue I noticed with it on CUCM is changing the mac address of a phone on the publisher locks up and never changes the mac address. so new install, first time working with this version and a few buggy things. I really liked version 6.x...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: