Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.0 Suscriber Error!!!!

Charlie Mayes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I keep getting this error below when I try to install the subscriber on a CUCM 7.0 cluster. What is going on here????

Unable to set the system clock using the NTP server on the first node in the cluster.

Verify that this node was added to the server list in the CUCM admin System>Server.

21 Replies 21

Hi there,

I was looking through the forums as I'm trying to find a fix for a problem I'm having building a v9.1 subscriber on ESXi/VMWare, getting the following error:

Interestingly I found all your comments about the NTP source problems, which I have found a fix for as it was also something that cropped up before this 'new issue'!

We are currently using a Window 2008 server for the NTP source, using Windows Time Service (this is enabled via a reg key in w2008). There was no way I could get the Pub to sync with it to start with, and I was at the point where I was losing the will to live when I found a forum entry on the web which advised the following:

http://htluo.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/ntp-network-time-protocol.html

Use Windows server as NTP source

Depending on your Windows version, there are some registry settings you need to set:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NTPServer\Enabled
Changing the ‘Enabled’ flag to the value 1 enables the NTP Server.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters\Type
Change the server type to NTP by specifying ‘NTP’ in the ‘Type’ registry entry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Config\AnnounceFlags
Set the ‘Announce Flags’ registry entry to 5, to indicate a reliable time source.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Config\LocalClockDispersion
Set 'LocalClockDispersion' to 0

The last one is most important one.

After changing registry, you need to restart "Windows Time" service.

After changing these settings on the server, boom, the pub sync'd up fine! Annoying huh!

It doesn't help me now as I'm stuck with this new issue but thought you guys might be interested in future..

Cheers,

Tim

Tim I'm having the exact same problem with my subscriber. I can ping it but still getting. Will be keeping an eye on this post and will udpate if i come across a fix:

Hi Lisa,

I got to the bottom of our problem in the end.

We had to re-build the virtual network in vSphere as I'd investigated all other avenues and had run out of ideas, interestingly it worked. I basically wasted 2 days trying to fix a problem with the CUCM that wasn't there...anyways

When you do figure it out, you'll see the validation test completes really quickly, usually it takes no longer than a few minutes.

Have you tried pinging the default gateway of your virtual network, it's probably the first test to see if the virtual nic's/switches are working or not?

What hw are you building this cluster on (B/C series blade, ESXi v?,)?

Hope you get it fixed...I came across another interesting bug when installing the dial plans you might want to look out for on this version too. There's a post on the forums with a fix if you need more info.

Good luck.

Tim

I wish that would have worked for me. I think i tried that a dozen times

I'm working with an engineer now and looking through the logs.

Seems my subscriber is in fact communicating with my publisher on some levels but my publisher seems to be sending back a restart message.

Hopefully i'll hear something back soon and will let you know what i found..

Did you figured this out?  We're having the same problem. :-(

Wrong forum, post in "IP telephony';.

I get this problem with my subscriber too. How you fix it?